- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Langston is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Vale Hospital and his areas of interest include hip and knee arthroplasty, revision surgery, and treatment of all hip and knee conditions including sports injury.
He qualified in 1995 from the University Wales College of Medicine and became a Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2004 completing his fellowship training in Flinders Medical Centre & Adelaide Repatriation Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia before returning home where he has been practicing as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon since 2006 at Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend and Neath Port Talbot Hospital.
Mr Langston is Clinical supervisor for Specialist Registrars in Trauma & Orthopaedics and is regularly involved in teaching medical students from Swansea and Cardiff Universities. He is also a member of All Wales Training Committee in Orthopaedics.
Areas of interest
Lower limb arthroplasty; Navigation surgery; Knee surgery; Total Knee Replacement; Knee arthroscopy; arthroscopic meniscectomy; Sports injuries; Hip Surgery; Hip replacement
- Karen Manning
- Spire Cardiff Hospital Croescadarn Road Pontprennau Cardiff CF23 8XL
- 0844 561 7152
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Brian J Jenkins Fee Assured
- Dr Rhidian Jones Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. Based at Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend and Neath Port Talbot Hospital.
Rugby and enjoys playing golf.
1. Posterior Dislocation of Hips in Adolescents During Rugby, Journal of A&E Medicine 2000; 17:429-431
Authors: K.Mohanty, S.K.Gupta, A.Langston
2. Can A Compartment Syndrome Be Masked by a P.C.A. Following intramedullary Nailing of Tibial Fractures? Abstract: JBJS 2002. Authors: A.Langston, H.Richards, R.Kulkarni, E.M.Downes.
3. Does Patient Controlled Analgesia Delay The Diagnosis Of Compartment Syndrome Following Intramedullary Nailing Of The Tibia? Journal of Injury (2004) 35, 296-298, Authors: H.Richards, A.Langston, R.Kulkarni, E.M.Downes.
- MBBCh University Wales College of Medicine 1995
- B.Sc.Pharm Cardiff University 1994
- F.R.C.S. Tr. & Orth. The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2004
- M.R.C.S. The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 1999
Reference number 4207430
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons
British Orthopaedic Association
British Trauma Society
Medical Protection Society
All Wales Training Committee in Orthopaedics
- Croescadarn RoadPentwynCARDIFFCF23 8XL
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 0844 561 7152
- Nuffield Health Cardiff Bay Clinic
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 029 2083 6700
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Injection(s) +/- aspiration, into joint, cyst, bursa - unilateral - (5-50)
Injection(s) +/- aspiration, into joint, cyst, bursa with image guidance - unilateral - (1-5)
Total prosthetic replacement of knee joint, +/- cement, +/- patella - (1-5)
Primary total hip replacement +/- cement - (1-5)
ExCon - Further Discretionary Payment - (1-5)
- Show All (6 )...