- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Skin cancer
Consultant Dermatologist since 2001. Sub-specialty interests in skin cancer and skin surgery, including Mohs micrographic surgery. I perform over 1000 skin surgery procedures per year. Ongoing data collection shows high level of skin lesion diagnostic accuracy and successful skin cancer surgery outcomes. I am clinical lead of the Dermatology Department at Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital.
My general dermatology practice focuses on effective communication of diagnosis and management.
Areas of interest
Skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma; squamous cell carcinoma; melanoma); skin surgery; Mohs surgery; nail disorders
- Medserv - Billing and Payments
- ¿Ground Floor Rockwood House 9-17 Perrymount Road Haywards Heath RH16 3TW
- 020 3384 1952
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Dermatologist - Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital.
Honorary Lecturer - University of Exeter Medical School.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Fluent
- German - Basic
- Spanish - Basic
>99% complete excision rate for skin cancers
- PGCME University of Plymouth 2003
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians, London 2004
- BSc Hons Pharmacology University of Edinburgh 1990
- MBChB University of Edinburgh 1992
Reference number 3681307
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Committee member Dermatology SAC 2009
- Co-opted committee member British Society Dermatological Surgery 2013
- Co-opted committee member British Association Dermatologists Education Sub-committee 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Dermatology , 2001
Affiliations / memberships
British Association Dermatologists
British Society Dermatological Surgery
American Academy Dermatology
European Academy Dermatology and Venereology
- Admiral HouseGrenadier RoadExeter Business...
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 07838 293968
- Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital, EX2 4UG
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 07838 293968
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Dr Bower 07973140057
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Curettage/cryotherapy of lesion of skin (including cauterisation) - up to three - (5-50)
Primary excision of malignant lesion - Trunk & Limbs - (5-50)
Curettage/cryotherapy of lesions of skin (including cauterisation) - four or more - (5-50)
Primary excision of malignant lesion - Head & Neck - (5-50)
Local flap - less than 9cm2 - (5-50)
- Show All (18 )...