- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Foot & Ankle
- Video and telephone consultations
Foot and Ankle Surgery, specialising in Complex Hindfoot Reconstruction, Ankle Replacement, Fusion surgery, Sports injuries and Ligament reconstruction, Forefoot deformities, Lower limb trauma.
Areas of interest
Forefoot surgery including bunion correction (hallux valgus); Arthritis of the big toe joint (hallux rigidus); Hammer and claw toe deformities; Rheumatoid foot reconstruction; Arthritis of the ankle, Ankle arthroscopic surgery including fusion; Ankle Replacement, Midfoot and hindfoot fusion; Complex hindfoot deformity correction; Ligament stabilisation; Sports injuries around the foot and ankle.
- Medserv - For billing queries
- Ground Floor Rockwood House 9-17 Perrymount Road Haywards Heath RH16 3TW
- 020 3384 1952
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Sathyanarayanan Jagannathan Fee Assured
- Dr Krishna Balachandar Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon,
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust,
Evesham Community Hospital
Complex hindfoot reconstruction
Surgery, Time management, Lean methods..
Nominated for the' Doctor of the Year' award for 2016 at Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Bengali - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Conversational
Multiple peer reviewed publications in various journals.
Courses offered to GPs
Happy to provide if requested.
- FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2010
- Fellowship in Arthroscopic Foot & Ankle surgery Southmead and Frenchay Hospitals, Bristol 2012
- Fellowship in Complex Hindfoot Reconstruction Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital 2011
- FRCS (Ed) RCS Edinburgh 1999
- MS (Orthopaedics) Pt JNM Medical College, Raipur, India 1996
- MBBS Calcutta University, India 1990
Reference number 4687012
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member BOFAS 2011
- Member BOA 2005
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery , 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the RCS Edinburgh
- BMI, The Droitwich Spa Hospital,St Andrews...
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 01905 793333
- Spire Southbank Hospital,139 Bath Road,Worcester
- 10:00 - 12:30
- 01905 350003
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
07779 829 446
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Multiple procedure on forefoot, distal to and including the tarsometatarsal joints, which involves at least two distinct procedures not intrinsic to each other - (1-5)
Multiple arthroscopic operations on ankle (including soft tissue, bony and/or joint surface procedures without ligament reconstruction) - (1-5)
Removal of internal fixation from bone / joint, excluding K-wires +/- image guidance - (1-5)
Metatarso-phalangeal cheilectomy - unilateral, as sole procedure - (1-5)
Injection(s) +/- aspiration, into joint, cyst, bursa with image guidance - unilateral - (1-5)
- Show All (7 )...