- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Functional urology/continence
- Urinary tract stones
Areas of interest
All areas of Paediatric Urology; Stone disease; Hypospadias; Urodynamics; Reconstruction; Transition care
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Carolyn Way Not Fee Assured
- Dr Daniel Willdridge Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatric Urologist, University Hoispital Southampton
Born in Dublin, Mr. Griffin has worked as a consultant paediatric urologist for more than 10 years at University Hospital Southampton. He is married with 5 children. He is a keen runner and has completed a number of half marathons raising thousands for his favourite charities. He regularly palys football. He coached at a local junior football club for 8 years. He enjoys watching rugby.
The Urology Foundation, clinical visit bursary, 2013.
European Society of Paediatric Urology (ESPU) Travelling Fellowship, 2008.
British Urological Foundation Clinical Fellowship, 2008.
- FRCSUrol RCSEd 2005
- MMedSc UCD 1996
- MB BCh BAO (NUI) UCD 1994
- Paediatric Urology Fellowship UHS & Great Ormond Street Hospital 2008
Reference number 4343073
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- NICE Renal stones guideline committee member – paediatric urology NICE 2018
- Associate Editor British Journal of Urology International Knowledge BJUIK 2020
- British Association of Paediatric Urology (BAPU) representative on SAC in Urology – current SAC 2020
- MCQ writing panel intercollegiate specialty board FRCSUrol ICSB 2020
- e-tutor ChM in urology, University of Edinburgh University of Edinburgh 2020
- Treasurer for the Journal of Pediatric Urology company Journal of Pediatric Urology 2020
Details of entry to specialist register
- Urology , 2007
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Paediatric Urology
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.