- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
- Home chemotherapy
I have a longstanding national and international reputation as one of the UK’s most experienced breast cancer specialists. I deal with all aspects of the medical treatment of both early breast cancer and of metastatic (secondary) disease. I have a particular interest in the development and use of new treatments and have done pioneering research in this field throughout my career. I was recently appointed First Chairman of the UK Breast Cancer Trials Intergroup (a body which plans clinical research) and I am currently Chairman of the Breast Cancer Clinical Reference Group, a national body which advises on the optimal treatments for breast cancer across England and Wales. My patients tell me that I have a sympathetic and optimistic approach to the treatment of this difficult disease.
Areas of interest
All aspects of medical treatment of breast cancer; Neoadjuvant therapy; Adjuvant therapies; Treatment of advanced and metastatic disease; Chemotherapy; Endocrine therapy; Targeted treatments
- Donna Leonard (Billing Queries)
- Helen Taylor (PP Secretary CCL)
- Cancer Centre London 49 Parkside London SW19 5NB
- 020 8247 3364
New approaches to the treatment of breast cancer. I have been involved throughout my career in the development of several anti-cancer drugs that have become standard treatment for breast cancer, including Letrozole and Herceptin (Trastuzumab).
I am particularly interested in the use of medical treatments prior to surgery as a way of deciding the most effective treatment for the individual patient.
- Brinker Award for Scientific Distinction in Clinical Research (international award).
- Special Recognition Award, The Royal Marsden Staff Awards.
- Institute of Clinical Research Award for Lifetime Achievement.
- FRCP London 1988
- MD University of Edinburgh 1971
- FRCPE University of Edinburgh 1984
- MBCHP University of Edinburgh 1971
Reference number 1327623
Affiliations / memberships
- Chairman of the Breast Cancer Clinical Reference Group.
- Co-Chairman of the ASCO Clinical Guidelines Group for Chemotherapy in Metastatic Breast Cancer.
- Chairman of the UK Breast Trials Intergroup.
- Chairman of the British Breast Group.
- Former Chairman of the Association of Cancer Physicians; the Royal College of Physicians Specialist Advisory Committee for Medical Oncology; the NCRI Lung Cancer Clinical Studies Group.
- 49 Parkside LONDON SW19 5NB
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 020 8247 3364
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Clinical supervision and planning for the delivery of chemotherapy and/or systemic anti-cancer therapy for 1-28 days - (>50)
Clinical supervision and planning for the delivery of chemotherapy and/or systemic anti-cancer therapy for 1-21 days - (5-50)
Clinical supervision and planning for the delivery of chemotherapy and/or systemic anti-cancer therapy for 1-14 days - (5-50)