- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
Dr Ashish P Desai is an experienced Paediatric Surgeon. He was named amongst UK's Top 100 Paediatric Specialist" by Times Magazine.
He is also Honorary Secretary of British Association of Paediatric surgeons.
Ashish completed his training in paediatric surgery in India. He then obtained his FRCS (Paediatric Surgery).
He is a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at Royal London Hospital. He was Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at King’s College Hospital and Honorary senior lecturer at King’s College London for 12 years prior to that.
Mr. Desai performs range of surgeries for conditions like Phimosis, Tongue Tie, Hernia, ingrowing toe nail, Gynaecomastia and Undescended testis. He also specialises in laparoscopic surgery and performs key-hole surgeries for GE Reflux, appendicitis and gallstones.
He has established the surgical weight loss centre for Adolescents. He routinely performs Gastric Band and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
He has been a part of numerous national committees and has been working towards establishing adolescent bariatric surgery standards in the country.
He has written numerous academic articles and chapters both on bariatric surgery as well as general paediatric surgery. He has been invited speaker in many international and national meetings.
Areas of interest
Paediatric Obesity - Bariatric Surgery for children
Paediatric Urology: Undescended Testis, Torsion testis,Phimosis, Circumcision
General Paediatric surgery; Hernias, including inguinal hernia; Umbilical Hernia, Ingrowing Toe Nails, Dermoid Cysts
Laparoscopic procedures (‘keyhole surgery')
Gastro-intestinal tract (surgery);
Gall Stones - Cholecystectomy, Splenectomy, Gastro Oesophageal Reflux, Gastrostomy, Constipation,
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatric Surgeon
Royal London Hospital
Bariatric Surgery and Obesity related diseases in children
Working for charities
- Named by Times amongst Britain’s Top 100 Children’s Specialist
- Part of team receiving Maternity Unit Miracle Award
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Marathi (Marāṭhī) - Native or bilingual
Numerous articles in peer reviewed journals.
Multiple newpaper and online articles in BBC Online, observer, Mail on sunday.
Courses offered to GPs
- Common Surgical Conditions in Children
- Paediatric Trauma
- Adolescent Obesity - Prevention and treatment options
- Laparoscopic Surgery in children
View photos of my work
Click an image to enlarge and read a description
View videos on youtube
- MCh Mumbai University, Indian 1994
- Diplomate National Board National Board of Examinations, Indian 1995
- FRCS Intercollegiate Examination Board 2006
- Fellow European Board of Examinations European Board of Paediatric Surgery 2005
Reference number 4660372
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary Secretary British Association of Paediatric Surgeons 2020
- Specialist Advisor CQC 2020
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatric Surgery , 2006
Affiliations / memberships
* British Association of Paediatric Surgeons
* British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons
* European Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons
* Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons
* Maharashtra Chapter if Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- 205 - 209 Great Portland StreetLONDONW1W 5AH
- 14:00 - 15:00
- 07434 369974
- 40-42 Lee Terrace, Blackheath, LONDON SE3 9UD
- 11:00 - 12:30
- 020 8297 4500
- BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital, BR6 7RG
- 08:00 - 10:30
- 01689 877855
Post treatment communication
Email - email@example.com
Members seen by me will be given direct contact details -
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Circumcision - (5-50)
Chelsfield Park Hospital (5-50)
Frenotomy /frenectomy of tongue - (5-50)
Orchiopexy - (1-5)
Repair of umbilical hernia (irrespective of age) - (1-5)
Excision of nail bed (Zadik's) (including anaesthetic) - (1-5)
- Show All (13 )...