- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Shoulder & Elbow
- Video and telephone consultations
Amjid graduated from the University of Sheffield in 1996 and did his General Surgical and Specialist Orthopaedic training in Sheffield. He undertook his specialist Shoulder and Elbow Surgery training in Sydney, Australia and in The Shoulder and Elbow Unit at The Northern General Hospital in Sheffield.
In January 2008 he was appointed to Sheffield Teaching Hospitals as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in shoulder and elbow surgery.
Amjid provides a specialist assessment and treatment service for most problems of the shoulder including arthritis, subacromial impingement, rotator cuff problems, frozen shoulder and instability.
In relation to elbow problems, Amjid provides a specialist assessment and treatment service for arthritis, stiffness, Tennis/Golfer’s elbow, elbow instability and ulnar nerve compression.
A significant part of Amjid’s work involves treating complex shoulder and elbow injuries in patients from Sheffield and the surrounding area.
Teaching and Training
Amjid is actively involved in teaching and training. His experience includes:
• Examiner for The Intercollegiate Specialty Examination in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
• Supervise a highly regarded and popular Surgical Fellowship for Senior Trainees who wish to develop their skills in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
• Previously Course Director for Royal College of Surgeons Shoulder Arthroscopy Course for 4 years.
• Convener of the Sheffield Upper Limb Summer University--for Consultants and Registrars from around the UK
• Faculty member on The Sheffield/Chesterfield Clinical Examination Course teaching Registrars in preparation for the FRCS (Trauma and Orth) exam.
• Teaches on regional, national and international Upper Limb courses for Consultants who wish to specialise in Shoulder & Elbow surgery, Trainees and Allied Health Professionals.
• Awarded the British Elbow and Shoulder Society Travelling Fellowship to visit The Mayo Clinic in the USA.
Areas of interest
Shoulder surgery; Elbow surgery; Shoulder Arthroscopy; Shoulder impingement; Shoulder pain; Frozen shoulder; Shoulder surgery; Shoulder decompression; Shoulder stabilisation; Rotator Cuff repair; Shoulder Injuries; Clavicle fractures; Shoulder resurfacing; Shoulder replacement; Elbow Injuries; Tennis elbow; Degenerative elbow disorders; Elbow Replacement; Elbow pain; Nerve compression;
Revision elbow replacement surgery.
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Zybnek Mathon Fee Assured