- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Bardeep Rana gained higher surgical training in Trauma and Orthopaedics in the West of Scotland. He was Clinical Lecturer in Western Infirmary and Glasgow University where he had extensive training in treatment of complex hip problems.
He is Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with hip interest at Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow.
His main area of expertise is in treatment of hip arthritis, total hip replacements and revision hip replacements.
Areas of interest
Hip arthritis; primary hip replacement; complex adult hip problems; revision hip replacement.
- Jude Collins
- Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital 25 Beaconsfield Road Glasgow G12 0PJ
- 0141 576 2838
- Ross Hall Hospital
- Bmi Ross Hall Hospital 221 Crookston Road Glasgow G52 3NQ
- 0141 319 8221
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Queen Elizabeth University Hospital
1345 Govan Road
Gardening, Hill walking
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
Papers in Peer Reviewed Journals
1. Sarcoma arising adjacent to total hip arthroplasty.
B. Rana, S. Shetty, P. Grigoris, R. Reid.
Scottish Medical Journal 2001; 46: 17-19.
2. Linezolid penetration into osteo-articular tissues.
B. Rana, I. Butcher, P. Grigoris, C. Murnaghan, R.A. Seaton, C. Tobin.
Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2002; 50: 747–750.
3. Rapid sequence quadruple joint replacement in a Jehovah’s Witness.
K. Panousis, B. Rana, J. Hunter, P. Grigoris.
Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery 2003; 123(2-3): 128-31
4. Compartment syndrome – current trends in Scottish practice.
A.Vassalos, B. Rana, P.R.N. Patterson, P. Grigoris.
Scottish Medical Journal 2003; 48(3): 82-84.
5. Bipedal compartment syndrome following bilateral calcaneal fractures.
H. Sharma, B. Rana, M. Naik.
Foot and ankle surgery 2004; 10 (2): 91-94.
6. Femoral neck fractures complicating metal-on-metal resurfaced hips
H. Sharma, B. Rana, C. Watson, A. C. Campbell, B. J. Singh.
Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery (Hong Kong) 2005;13(1): 122-125.
7. Poor predictive value of broad range PCR for the detection of arthroplasty infection in 92 cases
K. Panousis, P. Grigoris, I. Butcher, B. Rana, J. Reilly, D.L. Hamblen.
Acta Orthop 2005; 76(3):341-6.
8. Simultaneous quadruple long bone fractures following a trivial fall in an ambulatory patient with metastatic breast carcinoma.
H Sharma, D Currie, B Rana, BJ Singh.
European Journal of Orthopaedic surgery and traumatolgy. 2006 Mar; 16(1): 63-66
9. An unfavourable outcome after periprosthetic fracture following Metal-on-Metal surface hip arthroplasty.
H Sharma, B Rana, E Noor-Shaari, A Sinha, BJ Singh, AC Campbell. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology June 2006; 16 (2): 169-171.
10. Massive haemorrhage after a low-energy pubic ramus fracture in 71-year-old woman.
DJM MacDonald, CJ Tollan, I Robertson, BS Rana
Postgraduate Medical Journal Oct 2006: 82: e25.
11. Role of vena cava filters in high-risk trauma and elective orthopaedic procedures
N Hulse, H Sharma, A Mahendra, B Rana
Current Orthopaedics Feb 2007; 21 (1): 72-78
Courses offered to GPs
Treatment of hip arthritis, Dos & Donts following total hip replacements
- FRCS Trauma & Orthopaedics Intercollegiate Board of Examinations, United Kingdom 2000
- DNB Orthopaedics National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, India 1992
- M S Orthopaedics Bombay University, India 1991
- MBBS Bombay University 1986
- Higher Surgical Training in Trauma & Orthopaedics West of Scotland Deanery rotation training programme 2000
Reference number 4396796
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC UK specialist register for Trauma & Orthopaedics , 2007
Affiliations / memberships
British Hip Society
British Orthopaedic Association
British Trauma Society
British Medical Association
Medical & Dental Defence Union of Scotland
Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Nuffield Hospital, Glasgow, 25 Beaconsfield...
- 09:30 - 11:30
- 0141 334 9441
- Ross Hall Hospital, Glasgow G52 3NQ
- 13:00 - 15:00
- 0141 810 3151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Nuffield Hospital, Glasgow 0141 334 9441
Ross Hall Hospital, Glasgow 0141 810 3151