- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Sleep disorders
- Video and telephone consultations
I qualified from St Mary's Hospital Medical School (University of London) in 1995.
General Medical training was completed in Bristol, with specialist Medical and Respiratory training in Oxford.
I spent two years as a Research Training Fellow at the Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine, researching the cardiovascular effects of sleep apnoea, for which I was awarded the degree of Doctor of Medicine in 2008.
I was appointed as a Consultant in General and Respiratory Medicine at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in 2007.
• FRCP Royal College of Physicians of London 2010
• MD University of London 2008
• MRCP Royal College of Physicians of London 1999
• MBBS University of London 1995
• BSc (1st Class Hons), St Mary's Hospital Medical School, University of London 1992
Regional and National roles include:
• Health Education Thames Valley Respiratory Specialist Training Committee - current
• Royal College of Physicians MRCP examiner - current
• Royal College of Physicians Regional Respiratory Specialty Advisor - current
• National Confidential Enquiry (NCEPOD) reviewer - current
• British Thoracic Society Sleep Specialist Advisory Group 2016-2019
• British Thoracic Society Professional Standards Committee 2007-2010
Teaching/Training roles include:
• Royal College of Physicians College Tutor for Core Medical Trainees 2009-2015
• Royal College of Physicians MRCP examiner 2017-
• Royal College of Physicians Regional Respiratory Specialty Advisor 2022-
I am Co-author of the prize winning Oxford Handbook of Respiratory Medicine.
Oxford Handbook of Respiratory Medicine 4e (Oxford Medical Handbooks) May 2021. More than 50,000 copies/downloads to date.
Areas of interest
All areas of respiratory medicine including breathlessness, asthma, cough, infection / pneumonia, bronchiectasis, lung cancer, COPD, sleep related breathing disorders including sleep apnoea and snoring, thromboembolic disease/PE, interstitial lung disease and pleural disease.
- Clinical Admin Team 11
- Dept. of Respiratory Medicine Royal Berkshire Hospital London Road READING RG1 5AN
- 0118 322 6676
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in General and Respiratory Medicine, Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading (2007 - present)
CEA level 1
Oxford Handbook of Respiratory Medicine (Oxford University Press) 4th edition published May 2021.
>50,00 copies sold/online downloads to date.
Courses offered to GPs
Respiratory Update for Primary Care
Snoring and Sleep Apnoea
Bronchiectasis and Infection
COPD and Asthma
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 1999
- BSc (Hons) 1st Class St Mary's Hospital Medical School, University of London 1992
- MD - Doctor of Medicine University of London 2008
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2010
- MBBS University of London 1995
Reference number 4216340
Details of entry to specialist register
- Respiratory and General Internal medicine , 2006
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
British Thoracic Society
- Spire Dunedin Hospital
- 10:00 - 15:00
- 0118 955 3420
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.