- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
As a Consultant Neurologist at The Walton Centre I cover all aspects of General Neurology and provide a specialist service for patients with neuromuscular and motor neurone disorders.
I qualified from Queen's University of Belfast in 1995. I continued my General Medical Training in Liverpool, Glasgow and Newcastle. I then proceeded to be a Clinical Research Fellow at the University of Sheffield where I completed my PhD in Motor Neurone Disease in 2004, after being awarded the Action Research Fellowship. I did my Specialist Registrar training in Neurology at the Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, where I was appointed a Consultant Neurologist in 2007. My higher medical training in Neurology was completed at The Walton Centre.
I currently help set questions for postgraduate examinations for doctors conducted by the Royal Colleges of Physicians of London, Glasgow and Edinburgh. I am an Educational Supervisor for Neurology trainee doctors. My interest in medical ethics have led me to complete a LLM in Medical Law and Ethics in 2011.
I have published extensively on a wide variety of topics such as headaches, myasthenia gravis, motor neurone disorders, peripheral neuropathy, epilepsy and medical ethics.
Areas of interest
• Headache / Migraine • Motor neurone disease • Peripheral nerve disorders • Neuromuscular disorders • Myasthenia gravis; limb weakness; double vision; drooping of eyelids; muscle twitching; muscle wasting;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Neurologist, The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, Lower Lane, Liverpool L9 7LJ
Medical ethics, myasthenia gravis, motor neurone disease
- MB BCh Queen's University of Belfast 1995
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 1998
- LLM De Montfort University 2011
- PhD University of Sheffield 2004
Reference number 4209212
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT in Neurology , 2007
- Spire Cheshire Hospital, WA4 4LU
- 17:30 - 20:30
- 0845 602 2500