- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Aneurysms/arteriovenous malformations (AVM)
- Video and telephone consultations
Daniel Walsh is a consultant neurosurgeon at King’s College Hospital, London specialising in the treatment of neurovascular disease and vascular tumours. He is also a visiting clinical senior lecturer at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience at King’s College London and honorary consultant neurosurgeon at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital where he supports the multidisciplinary service for Von Hippel-Lindau disease.
He was born in London and brought up in Ireland where he received his medical degree from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. He completed advanced neurosurgical training at the Institute of Neurological Sciences, Glasgow and pursued a fellowship in cerebrovascular surgery with Professor Michael Kerin Morgan in Sydney, Australia where he discovered an enduring passion for the treatment of vascular malformations in the brain and spinal cord.
Over the years he has served as the regional training program director for neurosurgery and was co-director of the neurovascular surgical fellowship program at King’s, the first such fellowship to be accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He has served as President of the British Neurovascular Group and joined the board of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies Vascular Section in 2020.
In 2017 he was appointed clinical lead for NHS England’s specialised commissioning transformation project on non-traumatic intracerebral/subarachnoid haemorrhage and is an advisor to NHS England’s high-risk/low-volume neurosurgery working group. He is currently associate editor for vascular and skull base surgery at the British Journal of Neurosurgery as well as a reviewer for many other major medical journals.
t the British Journal of Neurosurgery as well as carrying out reviews for many other major medical journals.
Areas of interest
Arteriovenous Malformations (AVM); Arteriovenous fistula; Cavernoma; Spinal vascular malformations; Aneurysm; Brain haemorrhage; Moyamoya disease; EC-IC bypass; Meningioma; Schwannoma; Haemangiogblastoma; Von Hippel-Lindau Disease (VHL); Microvascular surgery
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Carlos Fiandeiro Fee Assured
- Private Practice Blog
- Private Practice Annoucements via Twitter Feed
- Publications and Presentations
- Practice website and patient information
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Neurosurgeon,King's College Hospital, London
Honorary Consultant Neurosurgeon, Guy's Hospital London
Subarachnoid haemorrhage and cerebral aneurysms
Arteriovenous malformations of the brain and spinal cord
Medical management of traumatic and ischaemic brain injury
Natural history and surgical outcomes for vascular malformations of spinal cord
Level 4 local clinical excellence award
Courses offered to GPs
Happy to speak with GP colleagues by arrangmement
View photos of my work
Click an image to enlarge and read a description
View videos on youtube
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.hed.nhs.uk/sbns
- MB BAO BCh LRCP & SI Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland/ National University of Ireland 1993
- FRCS (Neurosurgery) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2006
- Fellowship in Neurovascular Surgery, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney Australia (Professor Michael Morgan) 2007
Reference number 4232522
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical lead, Brain Haemorrhage Pathway Transformation Project NHS Specialist Commissioning 2019
- Specialist Advisory Committee, Neurosurgery Royal College of Surgeons 2017
- Advisor on low-volume/high complexity vascular neurosurgery NHS Specialist Commissioning 2020
- Vascular Section Board European Association of Neurosurgical Societies 2021
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist register, Neurosurgery , 2007
Affiliations / memberships
Medical Protection Society,
Society of British Neurological Surgeons,
British Neurovascular Group,
European Association of Neurosurgical Societies
British Medical Association
- 164-178 Cromwell RoadLONDONSW5 0TU
- 14:00 - 18:00
- Wellington Hospital Neurosurgical Unit (North...
- 13:00 - 18:00
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
+44 7821 572 760