- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Hart is an orthopaedic surgeon whose NHS practice is based at New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton. He specialises in all disorders affecting the lower limb including the hip, knee, ankle and foot. The majority of Mr Hart's practice involves lower limb joint replacement surgery including repeat hip and knee replacements for problems such as infection, dislocation and persistent pain. Having trained at the world renowned Orthopaedic Hospitals in Oswestry and Wrightington, as well as North America, Mr Hart has held a consultant post since 2006 and performed over 2000 joint replacements since then.
Areas of interest
• Knee • Knee injuries • Cartliage surgery • Meniscal surgery • Forefoot reconstruction • Ankle Surgery • Knee replacement surgery • Revision knee surgery • Partial knee replacements • Knee arthroscopy • Foot disorders • Hip dysplasia • Young adult hip pain • Revision hip surgery • Hip replacement surgery
- Mrs Faith Zarandi
- Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital Wood Road WOLVERHAMPTON WV6 8LE
- 01902 793229
- 01902 793292
- Vicky Davies
- Nuffield Health Shrewsbury Hospital Longden Road SHREWSBURY SY3 9DP
- 01743 282578
- 01743 247595
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Huw R Williams Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, Wolverhampton
Lower Limb Surgery
GK Rose Biomechanics Prize
Rowland Hughes Paediatric Medal
Mr Hart is widely published across many topics involving the hip and knee as well as trauma in prestigious peer reviewed journals
Courses offered to GPs
Mr Hart is able to provide information on a variety of topics and these are best discussed in person in order to ensure that the appropriate objectives are clear.
Deep Infection 0.5% (The national average is between 1 and 2% depending on other risk factors)
1 year revision rates <1% based on national joint registry data.
Further information is available from the National Joint Registry
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2004
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK) Travelling Fellowship Hospital for Special Surgery, New York 2004
Reference number 4202655
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
Member of the British Hip Society
Associate of British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Nuffield Health Shrewsbury Hospital, SY3 9DP
- 14:00 - 18:30
- 01743 282500
- Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital Wood...
- 08:00 - 12:30
- 01902 793258
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Within office hours patients should contact Mr Hart's secretary at the hospital from which they were discharged. Out of hours all calls are directed to the ward from which they were discharged. At the time of discharge all patients are provided with an information pack outlining what to do in the event of a problem.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Injection(s) +/- aspiration, into joint, cyst, bursa - (5-50)
Primary total hip replacement +/- cement - (5-50)
Total prosthetic replacement of knee joint, +/- cement, +/- patella - (1-5)
Multiple arthroscopic operation on knee (including meniscectomy, chondroplasty, drilling or microfracture) - (1-5)
Injection(s) +/- aspiration, into joint, cyst, bursa with image guidance - (1-5)
- Show All (6 )...