- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
I am an experienced Consultant Physician specialising in older age medicine and osteoporosis. I consult on the basis of a sensible, comprehensive and detailed approach. Treatment recommendations are made, taking into account patient preferences.
Many years of excellent feedback from patients, families and referring General Practitioners.
I have 13+ years of experience as a Consultant Physician in the NHS and also for the same length of time in the private sector.
I am a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London. I am also a Honorary Senior Lecturer of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Oxford. I have trained and mentored numerous batches of undergraduates and postgraduates. I am an examiner for the Royal college of Physicians for many years and including having been the Chair. I am an appraiser for senior doctors. I have been awarded multiple Clinical excellence awards (CEA awards) in the NHS for excellence in clinical care and medical leadership.
Areas of interest
• Comprehensive and integrated assessment of multiple medical problems (possibly involving many organ systems) in older people and adult patients of all ages
• Investigation of undiagnosed medical problems in patients with ‘vague’ and ‘undifferentiated’ symptoms- which does not fall into any speciality ; for example persistent tiredness, difficulty walking, weight loss, aches and pains, general deterioration etc.
• Specialist assessment for Osteoporosis and treatment
• Evaluation of funny turns, blackouts and repeated falls in the elderly
• Evaluation of light headedness and dizzy spells in the elderly
• Assessment of older patients and optimising their health before surgery or cancer treatments
Gold Medal in Medicine, final MB,BS Examination 1995
Professorial Gold Medal in Medicine, final MB,BS Examination 1995
College of Physicians Prize, final MB,BS Examination 1995
1st Prize in Hospital wide Audit competition 2005
Multiple Clinical Excellence Awards, 2011-2017
Courses offered to GPs
Primary care in Geriatrics ; a topical succint and relevant update for GPs
Osteoporosis for the GP and Physician - an update for the generalist
Diabetes in older people - a common problem but (?) different strategies
- MB,BS (Honours) University of Colombo, Sri Lanka 1995
- FRCP (London) Royal College of Physicians 2009
Reference number 4682354
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Royal College of Physicians MRCP Part 2 examiner Royal College of Physicians 2010
- Appraiser NHS England 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) , 2005
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians
Medical and Dental Defence Union
Medical Defence Shield
Post treatment communication
0333 577 1633