- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
I received Certificate of Completion of Surgical training in Otolaryngology in the year 2005, following which I was appointed, Consultant in E N T and Facial Plastic Surgery in Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals.
As a clinical fellow of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery I had training in facial aesthetic and reconstructive surgery in Europe and US. After passing the Facial Plastic Surgery Board examination, I am certified by the European and International Board of Facial Plastic Surgery. I have over 50 scientific papers, book chapters on facial plastic surgery and lectured in various meetings nationally and internationally. Since 2007 I have been a national committee member of British Society of Facial Plastic Surgery and the past Secretary for British Society of Facial Plastic Surgery. I am also a member of the focus group in rejuvenation surgery and reconstruction surgery of European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery.
My area of special interest is in sinus surgery and facial skin cancer surgery.
Areas of interest
Facial reconstructive surgery; Headache / migraine; Sinus procedures incl. endoscopic sinus surgery; Rhinology (nasal disorders); Facial pain; Skin tumours / cancer / oncology; Endoscopic procedures
- Pall Mall Medical
- Pall Mall Medical King Street Manchester M2 4PD
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Shahnawaz Ali Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Doncaster
• ‘A prospective study comparing two head positions on the acceptability and clinical
effectiveness of nose drops’ – A prospective randomized controlled trial.
• ‘Localisation of anterior ethmoidal artery’- A radiological, cadaver and endoscopic study.
• ‘The anatomy variations of ethmoid for the endoscopic sinus surgeon’ A radiological and cadaver study.
• ‘The anatomy of sphenopalatine artery for endoscopic sinus surgeon’ A cadaver study.
• ‘Assessment of factors influencing the community management of patients with severe tonsillitis, peritonsillar cellulitis or quinsy’ – A pilot study.
• ‘Immediate autogenous cartilage grafts in rhinoplasty after allograft rejection’
U Raghavan., NS Jones., T Romo III. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2004 ; 6(3):192-6.
• ‘The complication of Giant Titanium implant in nasal reconstruction’ U Raghavan., N S Jones. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2006;59(1):74-79 .
• ‘Surgeons view of the anterior ethmoid artery’ D Simmen, U Raghavan, H Briner, M Manestar, P Groscurth, NS Jones. Clin Otolaryngol 2006; 31(31);187-191.
• ‘A prospective randomized blinded cross over trial comparing two head positions on the acceptability and clinical effectiveness of nose drops’ U Raghavan, NS Jones. American Journal of Rhinology Am J Rhinol 2006;20(4);397-400.
• ‘The anatomy of sphenopalatine artery for the endoscopic sinus surgeon’ DB Simmen., U Raghavan., HR Briner., M Manestark., P Groscurth., NS Jones. Am J Rhinol. 2006 Sep-Oct;20(5):502-5.
• ‘Techniques for reconstructing complex defects involving nose, eyelids, cheeks and lips’ Jones N.S, Raghavan U J Laryngol Otol (suppl) 2009
• ‘Preoperative selection of patient for rhinoplasty’ Raghavan; U Otolaryngologist April, 2011.
• ‘Suspension sutures in the management of nasal valve collapse’ ASK. Zaman, U Raghavan, CY Eng, Otolaryngology -- Head and Neck Surgery 2011 145: 266
• ‘Nasal valve surgery:assessment of quality of life with the Glasgow Benefit Inventory’.
Manickavasagam J, Wong S, Varabei V, Raghavan U. Ear Nose Throat J. 2014 174-6.
• ‘Surgical closure of nasal septal perforation – a study of 110 patient’ M Daoud, N Ashraf, U Raghavan. Clin Otolaryngol (submitted 2019).
• ‘Rhinophyma correction; outcome study using GBI’ M Daoud, S Yapa, U Raghavan. Facial Plast Surg (submitted 2019)
• ‘Alar and Nasal Valve Collapse’ U Raghavan., NS Jones. 7th edition of Scott Brown’s Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Ed Gleeson M.
• ‘Nasal Reconstruction’ U Raghavan. 8th edition of Scott Brown’s Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
• ‘Surgical Management of Nasal Septal Perforation, U Raghavan. Practical Otorhinolaryngolgy 1st edition.
• ‘Analysis of Aging Face’ KV Vishwas, U Raghavan. Practical Otorhinolaryngology 1st edition.
• ‘Mid face rejuvenation’ U Raghavan Practical Otorhinolaryngology 1st edition.
Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery - mortality - none
Postop infection - 3%
Revision rate - less than 5%
Reference number 4665827
Details of entry to specialist register
- Otolaryngology , 2005
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Diagnostic endoscopy of sinus and bilateral (as sole procedure) - (5-50)
Pall Mall Medical Manchester (5-50)
Fibre optic examination of the pharynx +/- biopsy/removal of foreign body - (1-5)
Septoplasty of nose (including attention to turbinates) - (1-5)
Repair of pinna - (1-5)
Aural toilet (including microsuction and/or suction of exteriorised mastoid cavity) including bilateral - (1-5)