- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon and was employed in that capacity at Frenchay Hospital, until its closure in 2014. Until my retirement from the NHS in April 2021, I was employed in the same capacity at the University Hospital Bristol. I hold the following qualifications: Bachelor of Dental Surgery, Master of Dental Sciences, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, a Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgery of The Royal College of Surgeons of England and I am a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, i.e. BDS, MB, BS, MScD, FDS (RCS), FRCS (Eng).
I am a Member of the Court of Examiners of the Intercollegiate Specialty Board and have written chapters on facial trauma.
I am a member of the SW cleft team and as such see a large number of patients with problems of facial deformity.
In my capacity as a practising consultant I have acquired significant experience in the clinical management of facial trauma in both the civilian and the military settings. As a result, I have published on several aspects of the management of facial trauma and I teach on a range of both civilian and military courses in relation to the management of such cases (Military Operational Surgical Trauma Course). In addition, I teach on Facial Trauma for Surgical Training in the Austere Environment, a course run by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. As a result of my work with the Reserve Forces I was awarded the Territorial Decoration in 1997.
The majority of my medico-legal experience relates to personal injury of routine facial trauma. I have also been involved in a number of criminal cases, notably a range of grievous bodily harm cases and three of murder.
Areas of interest
Facial deformity; Cleft lip and palate; Temporomandibular joint surgery; Dentoalveolar surgery
- Cath Atkinson
- Medicolegal Secretary to Mr Revington C/o Spire Hospital Redland Hill Redland Bristol BS6 6UT
- 07748 969960
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon
University Hospital Bristol NHS foundation Trust
Lower Maudlin St
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Basic
- German - Basic
38. BAOMS & RCS. (2014) Commissioning guide: Temporomandibular joint disorders [Online] May 2014. Available from: http://www.rcseng.ac.uk/healthcare-bodies/docs/temporomandibular-joint-disorders/view.
39. Mukherjee, S & Revington, P. Cervical spine injury associated with facial trauma.
Br J. Hosp Med (Lond) 2014 Jun;75(6):331-6.
40. A review of cervical spine injury associated with maxillofacial trauma at a UK tertiary referral centre. Mukerjeee, S. Abhinav, K. & Revington, P.
Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2015 Jan;97(1):66-72.
41. The effect of deprivation on the incidence of mandibular fractures in a British city.
M.H. Wilson, J.P. Robinson, R.T. Sisson, P.J. Revington, S.J. Thomas
The Surgeon 2016 May 7. pii: S1479-666X(16)30005-1.
[Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 27167904.
42. Hypercoagulopathy and Dentoalveolar Surgery: A Case of Exodontia in a Patient with Hughes’ Syndrome.
Petrosian, V. Carr, R. Milton T. & Revington, PJ.
Dental Update 2016:43: 786-789
43. Single-stage temporomandibular joint arthroplasty in a patient with complete bony ankylosis and previous extradural haematoma.
Emma Brown, Mark H Wilson, Peter Revington
BMJ Case Rep 2016. Doi:10.1136/bcr-2015-213917
44. Orbitocranial wooden foreign body retrieved by transcranial and superior orbitotomy: MH.Wilson, TR.Collins, Revington, PJ. BJOMS · July 2016 DOI: 10.1016/j.bjoms.2016.02.040
45. Chronic recurrent dislocation of the temporomandibular joint secondary to a complex facial tic disorder.
French, KE. Wilson, PH. & Revington, PJ.
November 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bjoms.2017.08.371
- Bachelor of Dentistry U.Wales 1976
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery U.London 1991
- Master of Dental Sciences U.Wales 1979
- Fellow of Faculty of Dental Surgery (FDS) Royal College of Surgeons of England 1981
- Fellow of Royal College of Sugreons (FRCS) Royal College of Sugeons of England 1993
Details of entry to specialist register
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery , 1993
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (Fellow)
- The GlenRedland HillDurdham DownBRISTOLBS6 6UT
- 08:30 - 12:00
- 07989 576717
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
via Spire Hospital Bristol