- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
Alan worked in the National Health Service for over 40 years and has now retired from this post, he continues his work as a therapist. He is a trained psychiatric nurse, an experienced counsellor and accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist.
This background forms the foundation of his therapeutic work with individual clients and patients. He has also extensive teaching experience working with groups and students in different settings.
Areas of interest
Anxiety disorders; Adolescent mental health; Individual therapy; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Bereavement; Depression; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Alcohol / drug dependency; Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Stress related disorders; Difficulties with Sleep;
How organisational stress can impact individual health; Wellbeing; Retirement.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
Organisational distress as experienced as a health issue.
The impact of quality sleep on health and well being.
Exercise and mood.
Diet and mood.
- RNMH. RMN South Lothian College of Nursing and Midwifery. 1982
- Ba Community Health Queen Margeret University College 1994
- RNMH South Lothian College of Nursing and Midwifery. 1979
- Practice Teaching Qualification Queen Margeret University College 1995
- South of Scotland CBT Course Royal Edinburgh and Glasgow Hospitals 2000
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - remote - (5-50)