- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Contingency Management
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
- Video and telephone consultations
Consultant Clinical Psychologist with 35 years' experience in NHS and Private Practice
Previously Head of Clinical Psychology Department - Northwick Park Hospital.
Experience in Community Mental Health, PTSD, Rehabilitation and Military Psychology.
Advisor to the National Institute of Clinical Health Excellence (NICE)
Areas of interest
Consultant Clinical Psychologist; Addictions; Substance Misuse; Drug & Alcohol Problems; Anxiety disorders; Depression; General Mental Health; Family therapy; Individual therapy; Bereavement; Psychosis;Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Trauma; Relationship problems; Obsessive-compulsive disorder; Behavioural Couples Therapy; Managing emotions; Dialectical Behaviour Therapy;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
Brent, Chelsea & Westminster, Ealing, Hounslow, Hillingdon, Hammersmith & Fulham.
Addictions, drug & alcohol problems
Gambling and behavioural addictions
Behavioural Couples Therapy
Brief Psychological Therapy
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Afrikaans - Fluent
- French - Conversational
Addiction: Psychology and Treatment – Edited by Robert Patton, Paul Davis and John Witton - (2017) - London, Wiley Blackwell
A Clinician's Guide to Working with Problem Gamblers - Edited by Henrietta Bowden-Jones & Sanju George - (2015) - London, Routledge.
Has Clinical Psychology Caught Agoraphobia? - A Model for its Rehabilitation.
Publication. Clinical Psychology Forum, pp 32-34, No 70, August 1994.
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair Addiction Professionals 2020
- Project Lead for Addictions British Psychological Society 2014
- Board Member British Psychological Society (DCP) Faculty of Addictions 2020
- President Association of Behavioural Couples Therapists 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist , 1994
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society , 2005
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society
British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy
American Psychological Association
Association of Behavioural Couples Therapists
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (>50)