- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
Julie Haworth, PGCert (Education), MA (Integrative Psychotherapy)
What I do
Essential to your healing development, I provide a caring and compassionate therapeutic relationship to safely explore your experiences. You will be encouraged to trust in your intuitive ability and together, we will work through the issues which brought you to therapy, building your confidence and helping you find the changes you want to make.
Counselling is a personal journey during which I will guide you to explore safely the emotional difficulties with which you struggle. I treat people who present with a wide range of presentations such as relationship problems, low self esteem and complex child trauma. I help people who feel depressed and anxious to find new ways to live more joyfully, and to develop a more comfortable relationship with themselves and others.
My main areas of interest are domestic abuse; anxiety, depression and mood disorders; bereavement, grief and loss; childhood bullying; complex trauma; childhood sexual abuse; historic sexual abuse; low self confidence; identity; Â stress and work-related stress.
My counselling technique integrates a number of theoretical models which enable us to develop a personalised approach tailored to your particular needs I aim to help people develop a sense of inner freedom, interpret their experiences meaningfully and use these experiences to build confidence in themselves and their future.
How you might be experiencing your life
If you experience an internal negative dialogue that causes you distress, you may feel it is impossible to get out of this cycle. This can sometimes lead to exhaustion, confusion and a sense of feeling weighed down by your life. Feeling hopeless and stuck can create a longing to be understood. This is where counselling can help. Talking therapies including counselling can provide a respectful, safe and nurturing environment in which to discover your identity helping you to move forward with new understanding and positivity.
If you havenâ€™t worked with a counsellor or psychotherapist before, it can be hard to believe that talking can be helpful. As we build shared understanding of your feelings and thoughts through an in-depth conversation, I will help you develop renewed trust and respect for yourself. Where your emotions cause confusion, our conversations aim to bring you clarity. These simple steps represent the start of a journey towards making your life more manageable.
I work by building a therapeutic relationship grounded in courage, creativity, warmth, compassion, and honesty. You will be encouraged to trust in your intuitive ability and together, we will work through the issues which brought you to therapy, building your confidence to make the changes you want to make.
Areas of interest
My practice is framed around a wider approach to mental health disorder beyond the traditional medical model.
My areas of interest include;
Domestic abuse and violence; childhood environment; childhood complex trauma; attachment disorder; anxiety and depression; narcissistic abuse; low self esteem and lack of self confidence; work-related stress; relationship problems
- Teaching Certificate PGCert Blackburn College/UCLAn 2013
- Integrative Psychotherapy PGCert UCLAn 2016
- Integrative Psychotherapy Masters UCLAn 2020
- Narcissistic Injuries and Narcissism:Relational Trauma and Vulnerable Narcissistist Essential therapy Training 2023
- Working with Adult Survivors of Childhood Trauma during the 2nd stage - working with shame and guilt Complex Trauma Institute 2022
- Complex Trauma during 1st phase of trauma recovery - single, multiple & childhood trauma Complex Trauma Institute 2021
- Adverse Childhood Experience Place2Be 2021
- CBT (online) APT Accreditation The Association for Psychological Therapies 2020
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) The Association for Psychological Therapies 2020
- Practising Existential Therapy Ernesto Spinelli 2018
- The Fast Trauma and Phobia Cure workshop The Women'sâ€™ Centre 2017
Affiliations / memberships
National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society
Complex Trauma Institute