- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Video and telephone consultations
Down, depressed and hopeless? Beset by anxiety? Or just feeling stuck, inadequate or disconnected? I'll do my best to understand what you're going through and help you recover so you can live a more fulfilling and enjoyable life.
In the safe and confidential space of counselling, you can tell me about your experiences and voice your feelings, however troubling they might be. This in itself can bring relief and healing.
Through our work, you may also reach a new understanding of the causes of your unhappiness. This can help you escape the shackles of the past.
Ultimately, counselling can help you make changes so you can lead a richer, fuller and more satisfying life.
Of course, there can be no guarantees. But in my experience, most people find they make real progress through counselling. For some, it can be life-changing.
I’ve been a counsellor for more than 12 years. As well as practising privately, I’ve provided counselling in the NHS and at Relate as well as in schools, an FE college and, for the past eight years, at the University of Bath.
I’ve worked with hundreds of adults, young people and children experiencing all kinds of problems, especially anxiety and low mood/depression.
I have an up-to-date Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check and hold certificates in Safeguarding Adults Level 3 and Safeguarding Children Level 3.
I'm a humanistic and integrative counsellor. This means I believe in your potential to make changes that will help you lead a fulfilling life. And I recognise the value of a range of different therapeutic approaches and will work with you to find what suits you best.
Much of my training has been in the person-centred approach and in psychodynamic counselling. In the person-centred approach, human beings are seen as having an innate tendency to develop towards our full potential. However, this process can be blocked or distorted by certain life experiences. Meanwhile, psychodynamic theory stresses the importance of past experience in shaping current behaviour, relationships and difficulties.
HOW COUNSELLING COULD HELP YOU
* Understand yourself better: your feelings and thoughts, the things you do, your relationships, your deepest needs and longings.
* Break free from old patterns that have been holding you back.
* Cope better with your problems.
* Recover from damaging experiences so they no longer limit you.
* Get through a crisis.
* Recover from a loss.
* Learn to accept yourself.
* Feel more confident in facing what you find challenging.
* Build closer relationships with those you care about.
* Make changes that make life more meaningful and enjoyable.
* Feel better about yourself, your life and your future.
Areas of interest
Abuse; Anger; Anxiety; Bereavement; Depression; Health issues; Identity; Infertility; Life transitions; Loss; Men's issues; Redundancy; Relationships; Self esteem; Self-harm; Stress; Trauma; Work issues.
- Post-graduate diploma, Psychodynamic Approaches to Counselling in Schools Wessex Counselling/ Bridge Foundation 2014
- Diploma, Humanistic and Integrative Counselling Bath Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling 2012
Affiliations / memberships
I am an accredited and registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Accreditation with BACP recognises the achievement of high standards of knowledge, experience and development. I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details