- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
Accredited with the BACP as an Integrative Counsellor, I offer a relational approach in my inclusive practice. I work together with my clients to form a therapeutic relationship, developing autonomy and trust.
I have many years experience of helping individuals explore what is troubling them and I offer compassion, non-judgement and a calm environment, which promotes a feeling of safety.
Many clients find that incorporating a mindful approach helps develop ways of coping in the present. In the short term, I can help with emotional regulation and in the longer term, understanding where issues originate can provide lasting relief from distress.
I offer face-to-face, online and telephone sessions to suit my clients' needs.
With a wide experience of working in education, I have an additional role as a Counselling Lecturer within the NHS and offer counselling to trainee therapists. I also have several years' experience of working as a University Counsellor.
Areas of interest
I work with adults, young people and adolescents aged 12 upwards.
My areas of interest are Anxiety and Panic Disorders; Depression and Difficulties with Addiction; Low Mood, Lack of Motivation and Low Self-Worth; Childhood Neglect; Bereavement, Grief and Loss; Traumatic Memories; Relationship Difficulties; Intimacy Issues; Marriage Breakdown; Adult Attachment; Identity Issues; Mental Health of Adolescents and Related Difficulties.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Spanish - Fluent
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education Canterbury Christ Church University College 2001
- Post Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies Canterbury Christ Church University College 2003
- Certificate in Counselling Children Place2Be 2019
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling Inter-Psyche NHS Training Institute 2018
- Mindfulness Practitioner Certificate Mindfulness Association 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy