- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Sleep disorders
- Video and telephone consultations
Dr Jose Thomas is a Consultant Physician in Sleep Medicine and Behavioural Sleep Medicine. HIs Background speciality is Respiratory Medicine. He is the clinical lead for Sleep Medicine for the Aneurin Bevan Health Board and is based at the Aneurin Bevan Sleep Centre, Nevill Hall Hospital, Abergavenny.
He has been a Consultant Physician since 1995 and was accredited as “European Somnologist - Expert in Sleep Medicine” by the European Sleep Research Society (ESRS) in 2014. He trained in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and is experienced in CBT for Insomnia.
He is also an accredited as Polysomnography Technologist.
Dr Thomas is experienced in the diagnosis and management of the full range of sleep disorders, including Sleep Apnoea, Narcolepsy, Restless Legs Syndrome, Sleep Walking, REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder. He has a special interest in Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorders such as Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder. He is experienced in CBT for insomnia.
Areas of interest
Restless Legs Syndrome;
REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder (RBD);
Excessive daytime sleepiness;
Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorders;
Other sleep disorders;
General Respiratory Medicine.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Nevill Hall Hospital, Abergavenny
Sleep disorders in patients with heart failure.
Travelling, Reading, Computing and photography.
Medical Educational Bursary for contribution to Educational Supervision, 2009.
Courses offered to GPs
Sleep disorders in General practice
Current managment of asthma
Neurological sleep disorders
View videos on youtube
- MD All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 1981
- M B B S Kerala University 1981
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians 1987
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2001
- RPSGT (Registrered Polysomnography Technologist) BRPT (Board of Registered Polysomnography Technologist) 2011
- RST (Registered Sleep Technologist) ABSM (American Board of Sleep Medicine ) 2012
- "SOMNOLOGIST" - Expert in Sleep Medicine ESRS (European Sleep Research Society) 2014
Reference number 3404157
Details of entry to specialist register
- Respiratory medicine , 1997
- General Internal Medicine , 1997
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow, Royal College of Physicians
British Thoracic Society
British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Member, American Assocaition of Sleep Medicine
Member, European Sleep Research Society
Member, British Sleep Society
Member, Board of Registered Polysomnography Technologists
Member, American Association of Sleep Technologists
Member, European Society of Sleep Technologists
- Nevill Hall Hospital, NP7 7EG
- 17:00 - 19:30
- 01873 732389
- Spire Cardiff Hospital, CF23 8XL
- 18:00 - 19:30
- 029 2073 6011
- St Joseph's Private Hospital, NP20 6ZE
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 01633 820300
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
ExCon - Further Discretionary Payment - (1-5)