- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Mifsud is a fully certified Consultant Paediatric Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon working at the world-renowned Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford.
He undertook subspecialist clinical fellowships in Oxford in Paediatric Orthopaedics and in Limb Reconstruction and in London at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (in Sarcoma and Joint Reconstruction). He also undertook a research fellowship in Toronto at the Hospital for Sick Children.
He now has a consultant practice in Paediatric Orthopaedics, with a sub-specialist interest and in Disorders of the Hip and lower limbs, Limb Reconstruction and Bone Infection, and Tumours.
Mr Mifsud has particular expertise in:
• Neuromuscular disorders including cerebral palsy
• Bone tumours and complex joint reconstruction in children and young adults
• Hip disorders (including dysplasia) in children, adolescent and young adults
• Disorders of the paediatric knee, foot and ankle
• Limb deformities and bone infections
• Paediatric trauma
He is an experienced educator at under- and post-graduate level, holding a Visiting University Lecturer position. He continues to publish articles and invited chapters in his areas of interest, as well as give talks at national and international conferences.
Treatments offered by Mr Mifsud
• Clinical assessment and investigation of all Paediatric Orthopaedic and Young Adult conditions except Spinal issues
• Hip reconstruction and preservation surgery
• Open and arthroscopic (keyhole) knee surgery
• Tendon transfers
• Corrective osteotomies
• Treatment of Paediatric trauma and injuries
• Foot and ankle surgery
• Treatment of flat feet and other foot disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Maltese - Native or bilingual
- French - Fluent
Reference number 7520047
- Manor Nuffield Oxford
- 14:00 - 20:00
- 01865 307768
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.