- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Bhamy H Shenoy was appointed as a Consultant Paediatric Ophthalmologist & Ophthalmic Surgeon at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital in 2018. Mr Shenoy completed his medical education from Mangalore, India in 2006 and then went on to pursue General Ophthalmology training (MS) from Mysore, India. Following this, he undertook a 2-year clinical fellowship in Paediatric Ophthalmology, Strabismus and Neuro-ophthalmology at the world-renowned LV Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI), Hyderabad India. After briefly working as a Consultant at LVPEI, He moved to the UK in 2014.
In the UK, Mr Shenoy has undertaken fellowship diploma in Paediatric ophthalmology and strabismus from Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children (2014), Specialist training in General Ophthalmology and adult cataract surgery (2016-17) and two fellowships in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (2015-16 and 2017-18) from Manchester Royal Eye Hospital.
Mr Shenoy has extensive experience in managing children with variety of eye conditions including congenital and developmental cataracts, congenital and developmental glaucoma, simple and complex squint (with or without adjustable sutures and botulinum toxin injection), Paediatric Corneal and External Diseases, Paediatric Keratoconus, watery eyes and genetic and retinal eye conditions. He has extensive expertise in small (fornix) incision squint surgery in both children and adults. In addition, he is a proficient adult cataract surgeon performing both simple and complex cataract surgery including micro-incision cataract surgery.
Mr Shenoy is actively involved in teaching and training medical students, Optometrists, Junior doctors, and Paediatric ophthalmology fellows. He is actively involved in training junior doctors in complex cataract surgery and has been awarded the ‘best clinical supervisors and surgical trainer’ award by the trainees at MREH in December 2022. He has published in peer reviewed journals and presented at many national and international meetings including running a workshop at the annual meeting of American Association of Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (AAPOS) and has served as a reviewer for various international ophthalmology journals.
Areas of interest
Paediatric Ophthalmology (including Paediatric Cataract, Paediatric Glaucoma, Paediatric Corneal and External Disease, Paediatric Keratoconus, and genetic eye conditions)
Amblyopia (Lazy eyes)
Strabismus (paediatric and adult)
Small (Fornix) Incision squint surgery
Adult Cataract Surgery and General Ophthalmology
- Katie Lynane
- Cheshire Eye Clinic 75 Alderley Road Wilmslow SK9 1PA
- 07946 326614
- 07377 088499
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Muthukrishnan Thirukkamu Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon and Paediatric Ophthalmologist
Manchester Royal Eye Hospital
1. Shenoy HB, Gupta A, Sachdeva V, Kekunnaya R. Prediction error and myopic shift after intraocular lens implantation (IOL) in paediatric cataract patients. Br J Ophthal 2012; 96(2): 305
2. Kekunnaya R, Shenoy HB, Gupta A, Sachdeva V. Biomechanical Analysis of X-Pattern Exotropia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2011; 150 (5): 881-882
3. Sachdeva V, Mittal V, Fernandes M, Kekunnaya R, Gupta A, Shenoy HB. Secondary in-the-bag intraocular lens implantation in children who have been aphakic since early infancy. J AAPOS 2011;59(5): 509-510
4. Shenoy BH, Mandal AK. Stickler syndrome associated with congenital glaucoma. LANCET 2013; 381:422.
5. Shenoy BH, Mittal V, Gupta A, Sachdeva V, Kekunnaya R. Refractive outcomes and prediction error following secondary Intraocular lens implantation in children: A decade long analysis. Br J Ophthalmol. 2013;97(12):1516-9.
6. Konanki R, Varma DR, Lingappa L, Shenoy BH. Midbrain neurocysticercal granuloma appearing as "face of panda". Neurology. 2013; 80(21):1999.
7. Ley P, Bottari D, Shenoy BH, Kekunnaya R, Röder B. Partial recovery of visual-spatial remapping of touch after restoring vision in a congenitally blind man. Neuropsychologia. 2013;51(6):1119-23
8. Röder B, Ley P, Shenoy BH, Kekunnaya R, Bottari D. Sensitive periods for the functional specialization of the human neural face processing system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110(42):16760-5.
9. Shenoy BH, Gupta A, Sachdeva V, Kekunnaya R. Cornelia de Lange syndrome with optic disk pit: Novel association and review of literature. Oman J Ophthalmol 2014;7:69-71.
10. Shenoy BH, Sachdeva V, Kekunnaya R. Silicone band loop myopexy in the treatment of myopic strabismus fixus: surgical outcome of a novel modification. Br J Ophthalmol. 2015;99(1):36-40.
11. Shenoy BH, Mittal V, Gupta A, Sachdeva V, Kekunnaya R. Complications and visual outcomes following secondary Intraocular lens implantation in children. Am J Ophthalmol. 2015; 159(4): 720-726.
12. Shenoy BH, Gupta A, Sachdeva V, Kekunnaya R. Spondylopmetaphyseal Dysplasia with developmental cataract: first report of the association in two sibling pairs. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 2015; 52(2):126-7.
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2017
- MBBS RGUHS, Bangalore 2006
- FICO International Council of Ophthalmology 2013
- MS (Ophthalmology) RGUHS, Bangalore 2010
- Fellowship in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India 2012
- Fellowship Diploma in Paediatric ophthalmology Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London 2014
- Fellowship in Paediatric Ophthalmology Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, Manchester 2017
- Fellowship in Strabismus and Paediatric Ophthalmology Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, Manchester 2015
Reference number 7500431
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
General Medical Council
International Council of Ophthalmology
British Isles Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Association (BIPOSA)
All India Ophthalmological Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.