- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Consultant Gynaecologist and Specialist in diagnostic gynaecologic oncology procedures, providing comprehensive care from first diagnosis of gynaecological cancer, including ovarian, cervical and womb cancer.
He is Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and has an additional masters degree in medical ultrasound obtained from the King's College London.
His principle of practice is to provide expert advice and up-to-date care, and to be accessible, ensuring that his service matches the holistic needs of his patients.
Areas of interest
Laparoscopic surgery ('keyhole surgery')
Total laparoscopic hysterectomy (removal of the womb)
Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy
Laparoscopic sterilisation (female contraception)
Diagnostic laparoscopy and dye test
Colposcopy and Vulvoscopy (examination of cervix and vagina) , diagnostics and treatments
Hysterectomy for womb cancer
Cervical cancer treatment
Hysteroscopy and removal of polyp
Oophorectomy (ovary removal surgery)
Menstrual disorders , bleeding between period
Insertion and removal of IUS-Mirena coil
Ultrasound for early detection of gynaecological pre-cancerous conditions (ovarian and uterine)
Ultrasound diagnosis of endometrial polyps
Ultrasound Diagnostics for ovarian and uterine pathologies
Cervical Screening (smear test)
Surgical Management of Miscarriage and Ectopic Pregnancy
• Less Is More: A Narrative Review of Deciding When Surgical Intervention Should Be Withheld
Annabel Stout, Jack Hamer, Tahlia Sharples, Farshad Tahmasebi, Mar 18, 2022, DOI: 10.7759/cureus.23285
• An Unusual Case of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia Involving the Cervix
Jack Hamer, Maher Alazizi, Farshad Tahmasebi, Feb 1, 2022, DOI: 10.7759/cureus.21823
• Can We Routinely Employ the Use of Low Pressure Gynaecological Laparoscopy? A Systematic Review
Jack Hamer, Edward Jones, Amy Chan, Farshad Tahmasebi, May 31, 2021, DOI: 10.7759/cureus.15348
• Transvaginal Evisceration of the Small Bowel More Than 15 Years After Abdominal Hysterectomy and Vaginal Surgery
Amy Kar Yan Chan, Oluwaseun Oluwajobi, Aisha Ehsan, Farshad Tahmasebi, March 17, 2021, DOI: 10.7759/cureus.13955
• Raised CA125 – what we actually know...
Tamara Howe, Nava Sokolovsky, Ahmad Sayasneh, Kazal Omar, Farshad Tahmasebi, The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, DOI: 10.1111/tog.12704.
• Transvaginal Saline Contrast Sonohystography to Investigate Postmenopausal Bleeding: A Systematic Review.
Tahmasebi F, Stewart S, Mitra A, Morje M, Sayasneh A. Cureus. 2020 Aug 28;12(8):e10094. DOI: 10.7759/cureus.10094.
Reference number 6088238