- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Benign Prostate disorders
- General urology
- Urological oncology
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Taimur Shah is a consultant urologist and the Cromwell Hospital and at Imperial College London (ICL).
He has interests in general urology and a sub-specialist interest in the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer. He has published extensively in peer-reviewed journals within these fields and been invited to give presentations nationally and internationally.
Mr Shah qualified from University College London (UCL) where he was also awarded a First-Class Honours degree in molecular medicine. He completed his urological training in the London Deanery rotating through the Charing Cross Hospital, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals and the Whittington Hospital. He subsequently undertook a uro-oncology fellowship in robotic surgery at Guys and St Thomas' hospital.
He has a PhD from University College London (UCL) into focal therapy for newly diagnosed prostate cancer and cancer that has recurred after previous radiotherapy. He has helped design and deliver multiple clinical trials for primary, metastatic and radio-recurrent prostate cancer and is currently part of the Imperial Prostate (IP) Group at Imperial College London (ICL).
He has a sub-specialist interests in:
- Prostate cancer diagnostics, Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Targeted Fusion Transperineal Prostate Biopsy
- Da Vinci Robotic surgery for prostate cancer (robotic prostatectomy)
- Focal therapy: High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) and Cryotherapy for prostate cancer
- Minimally invasive treatments for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) such as Transurethral resection of Prostate (TURP), Rezum Water vapour therapy.
Areas of interest
General Urology; Prostate Cancer; BPH; Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Urdu - Conversational
Reference number 6164434