- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Video and telephone consultations
Dr Sajdah Zaman is a senior clinical psychologist registered with the HCPC, a statutory regulator of health and care professionals in the UK. She is also a chartered member with the British Psychological society. Dr Zaman believes that psychological therapy can help individuals gain a better understanding of their difficulties and allow them to feel empowered to take an active role in implementing change to improve their psychological functioning and their quality of life.
Dr Zaman has extensive clinical experience working in the NHS since 2003. She has helped clients in a variety of settings in the NHS such as Personality disorder services, Forensic services, Acute and Crisis Services and for the past 6 years has been working in a specialist Eating Disorder Service. Dr Zaman has significant experience in assessing and treating people with a range of psychological complexities such as eating disorders anxiety, panic, depression, anger, low self -esteem, stress and interpersonal difficulties.
Dr Zaman is trained in the main models of therapeutic intervention. Her treatment approach draws on a range of therapies, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), solution focused therapy and she takes on a compassion focused approach when working with people. In addition Dr Zaman is trained in CBT-ED and MANTRA which are evidence based treatments for eating disorders. She is also undergoing formal training in Schema Therapy.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Depression; Social anxiety; Panic; Phobias; Stress; Anger; Eating Disorders
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Sajdah Zaman
- Ground Floor 88 Church Street Enfield EN2 6AR
Current NHS consultant posts held
Dr Zaman is a senior clinical psychologist in an North London NHS Trust
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology Royal Holloway, University of London 2007
- MPhil in Eating Disorders University of Birmingham 2004
- BSc (Hons) Psychology Aston University 1998
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Practitioner Psychologist Health and Care Professions Council 2007
- Chartered Psychologist British Psychological Society 2007