- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Upper GI surgery
- Video and telephone consultations
I have been an Upper-GI and General Surgeon for nearly 10years and I have a special interest in laparoscopic anti-reflux and hernia surgery .
I specialise in upper-GI surgery and I perform open and minimally invasive (laparoscopic) operations, such as hiatus and para-oesophageal hernia repair, anti-reflux procedures, cholecystectomy (gallbladder surgery) and myotomy for Achalasia, alongside diagnostic and therapeutic upper-GI endoscopy.
I also offer a vast spectrum of general surgery procedures, including abdominal wall hernia repair with both keyhole (laparoscopic) and open approaches.
Areas of interest
Gallbladder surgery; Hernia surgery (open and laparoscopic); Gastroesophageal reflux surgery (anti-reflux surgery); Hiatus hernia repair; Incisional hernia repair (laparoscopic); Upper GI endoscopy (gastroscopy);
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Alan Feerick Not Fee Assured
- Dr Narmatha Thiagarajan Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Upper-GI and General Surgeon United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust & Nottingham University Hospitals NHS trust
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Italian - Native or bilingual
- General Surgery Residency Programme (CCT) (Italy) Brescia University 2015
- GMC Specialist Register, General Surgery GMC 2015
- Fellow of the European Board of Surgery, Oesophago-Gastric European Board of Surgery 2017
- Medical Degree (Italy) Brescia University 2008
- GMC registration - full GMC 2014
- Upper-GI Post-CCT Fellowship Guys and St Thomas' Hospitals 2015
- Upper-GI Post-CCT Fellowship Oxford University Hospital 2018
- Upper-GI Post-CCT Fellowship University College London Hospital 2014
Reference number 7473121
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.