- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
I work with adults, aged 18+ and offer face-to-face sessions at The Wellbeing Rooms in Glasgow, as well as telephone and online therapy. I continue to work in the NHS, in addition to undertaking private practice.
I have worked helping clients across the lifespan in the field of Clinical Psychology since 2003 in a range of settings, including adult mental health, sleep medicine and neuropsychology. I completed my Clinical Psychology Doctorate at the University of Glasgow in 2010.
I have helped clients with mental health difficulties, such as anxiety disorders (including OCD and phobias), depression, PTSD and low self-esteem and have particular expertise in the field of Clinical Health Psychology. I have helped many clients suffering with emotional difficulties related to chronic physical health conditions, including cardiac ill-health, stroke, chronic pain, unexplained medical symptoms and cancer.
I use an integrative approach and have been trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Behavioural Family Therapy (BFT), Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Health Behaviour Change (HBC) strategies. I also draw on Compassion and Solution-Focused approaches.
Areas of interest
Chronic physical health problems; adjustment difficulties; anxiety disorders; depression; insomnia; chronic pain; relationship difficulties; low self-esteem; addictions; PTSD, cancer related distress.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- BSc (Hons) Psychology Glasgow Caledonian University 2001
- MSc Forensic Psychology Glasgow Caledonian University 2003
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology University of Glasgow 2010
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- PRACTITIONER PSYCHOLOGIST HCPC 2010
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (>50)