- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Schema focused therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
I provide assessment, formulation, and intervention, using a variety of evidence-based approaches to promote well-being and emotional resilience. I have a passion for working creatively and collaboratively with clients, to understand what factors might be driving the problems they are experiencing and how these may be overcome, with the end goal of enabling clients to achieve a more fulfilled life.
I offer both video and telephone consultations remotely and can offer both evening and weekend appointments.
Areas of interest
I specialise in treating a range of longstanding emotional difficulties, using a compassionate and individualised approach. My specialist interests include working with people with complex trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), personality disorders, anxiety, and depression.
The main approaches I use are: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (including trauma focussed and Prolonged Exposure), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Schema Therapy, phased-based interventions, and is informed by other approaches including Compassion Focussed Therapy and Mindfulness.
Current NHS consultant posts held
I have been employed by NHS Grampian since 2017 as a Clinical Psychologist in Adult Mental Health with a strong background working with veterans.
- DClinPsy University of Edinburgh 2017
- MSc Mental Health Studies King's College London 2010
- BSc Psychology University of Essex 2005
- EMDR (Level 1-3) Richman Training 2017
- Accredited Schema Therapist (Standard) Schema Therapy Scotland 2021
- Systems Training for Emotional Predictability and Problem Solving (STEPPS) NHS Grampian 2019
- Survive and Thrive Facilitator Training NES 2018
- Generic and Specialist Clinical Supervision NES 2019
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction NHS Grampian 2017
- Trauma Focussed CBT (Prolonged Exposure) NES 2016
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (>50)