- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
For the past twenty years I have been supporting a range of mental health departments within the National Health Service (NHS), Social Services, as well as within the educational, medical, and corporate sectors.
As an Accredited BABCP Cognitive Behavioural Therapist I provide assessments and treatments for mental health conditions as guided by National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE). Conditions include depression and a wide range of anxiety disorders.
I support adults (18+) through work related stress, personal and relationship issues, self-management of long-term health conditions, as well as Trauma Based CBT for childhood and adult life trauma.
Other areas of experience are: Anger management, Low Self Esteem, Perfectionism, Imposter Syndrome and Intrusive Thoughts.
Areas of interest
I provide CBT treatment specifically adjusted for South Asian speakers; Bengali, Hindi, Urdu and Sylheti to help widen access to psychological therapy for people from the BAME community.
I combine CBT and health psychology interventions and bring my experience from Occupational Therapy Services and training in long-term health conditions. Long-term medical conditions include; Asthma, Diabetes, Cancer, COPD, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Chronic Pain, Crohn's Disease, Epilepsy and Parkinson's Disease.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) association with long-term health conditions in adulthood.
Weight Training, Yoga and Latin Dancing.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Bengali - Fluent
- Urdu - Conversational
Courses offered to GPs
Free 30 minute telephone assessments for Bengali/Sylheti and Hindi speakers who wish to access CBT for depression and a range of anxiety disorders.
- Health Psychology Middlesex University 2020
- Post Graduate Diploma in CBT - IAPT Royal Holloway 2013
- Post Graduate Diploma in Low Intensity Interventions IAPT UCL 2010
- Graudate Diploma in Pschology Univeristy of Westeminster 2009
- BA (HON) Psychology & Sociology Westminster University 1999
- CBT for Long Term Health Conditions Whitington NHS 2017
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: rktherapy
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (5-50)