- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Cho is a Consultant Paediatric Urologist and his NHS practice is at Great Ormond Street NHS Hospital.
He qualified from Guy’s King’s and St. Thomas’ Medical School in 2004 and undertook his Core Surgical Training in London, Norwich, Manchester and Liverpool. He completed his Specialist Surgical Training in Paediatric Surgery in the London and South-East Consortium in 2016.
During his training, he was awarded a number of prizes and awards:
• Surgical Registrar of the Year Award, Great Ormond Street Hospital, 2018
• British Association of Paediatric Urology (BAPU) - Best Registrar Presentation, 2017
• British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons (BAPES) Storz Prize Winner, 2016
• British Association of Paediatric Surgery (BAPS) Trainee Prize Winner, 2014
He then undertook a two-year fellowship at Great Ormond Street Hospital and University College London Hospital in Paediatric Urology. He was appointed a Consultant in Paediatric Urology at Great Ormond Street Hospital in 2019.
Mr Cho’s training in both Paediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology has given him the experience to understand the impact of surgical conditions affecting children and their families. He aims to involve parents and, when applicable, the child in all aspects of the discussion and any decisions about their care.
Undertaking specific training in Paediatric Urology and based in a busy specialised centre, Mr Cho is experienced in a wide range of Paediatric Urological conditions and takes time to explain each diagnosis and the management options. He is trained not only in open surgery but also in laparoscopic (key-hole) surgery and endo-urology (surgery via a camera with no external scars).
• Joint Royal College Tutor for Surgery at Great Ormond Street Hospital
• Honorary Contract, Paediatric Urology Consultant, University College London Hospital
• Ambassador for the “Finnbar’s Force” Charity – a charity created for fight childhood brain tumours and to support children and their families
Mr Cho is passionate and dedicated about giving the best care possible to the children and their parents that he looks after.
Areas of interest
Specialises in Paediatric Urology including:
• Foreskin issues
• Undescended testis and concerns about testicular position
• Urine infections
• Bladder dysfunction and wetting (enuresis)
• Antenatal urological diagnoses including hydronephrosis
• Congenital anomalies including urinary obstruction, reflux
• Reconstructive surgery for hypospadias
• Minimally invasive surgery: laparoscopic keyhole surgery and endourology
• Kidney Stones
Reference number 6103886