- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Stroke medicine
Dr Kerr works as a lead consultant in Northern Ireland's tertiary referral stroke centre, within the regional neuroscience centre. He is a specialist in the diagnosis and management of all aspects of stroke and vascular neurology.
Areas of interest
Adults with acute and/or recurrent attacks of neurological symptoms such as...
* weakness/ numbness/ tingling of face, arm, leg
* speech disturbance
* visual disturbance
* unsteadiness/ loss of balance
* confusion/ memory loss
* dizziness/ vertigo
- suspected Transient Ischaemic Attack
- management of stroke related problems
- management of arterial/ vascular abnormalities of the brain
- 'Fits, faints, falls, and funny turns'
Dr Kerr's other areas of specialist interest include-
- Memory problems / suspected dementia
- 'Functional Neurological Disorder'
- Tremor, movement disorders and suspected Parkinson's disease in people over 50 years old
Dr Kerr is also a Consultant Geriatrician and lecturer in Elderly Care Medicine at Queen's University Belfast, with expertise in 'Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment' of people over 60.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Dr Kerr works as a lead consultant in Northern Ireland's tertiary referral stroke centre, within the regional neuroscience centre at the Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast.
See Publications page on www.drkerrvascularneurology.com
- Honorary Clinical Lecturer in Medicine Queen's University Belfast 2012
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) RCP London 2005
- MB BCh BAO Queen's University Belfast 2002
Reference number 6055859
- Ulster Independent Clinic
- 16:00 - 20:00
- 028 9066 1212
Post treatment communication