- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Stroke medicine
- Video and telephone consultations
Dr Kerr works as a lead consultant in Northern Ireland's tertiary referral stroke centre, within the regional neuroscience centre. He is a specialist in the diagnosis and management of all aspects of stroke and vascular neurology.
Areas of interest
Adults with acute and/or recurrent attacks of neurological symptoms such as...
* weakness/ numbness/ tingling of face, arm, leg
* speech disturbance
* visual disturbance
* unsteadiness/ loss of balance
* confusion/ memory loss
* dizziness/ vertigo
- suspected Transient Ischaemic Attack
- management of stroke related problems
- management of arterial/ vascular abnormalities of the brain
- 'Fits, faints, falls, and funny turns'
Dr Kerr's other areas of specialist interest include-
- Memory problems / suspected dementia
- 'Functional Neurological Disorder'
- Tremor, movement disorders and suspected Parkinson's disease in people over 50 years old
Dr Kerr is also a Consultant Geriatrician and lecturer in Elderly Care Medicine at Queen's University Belfast, with expertise in 'Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment' of people over 60.
- DKVN email