- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
I have has 10 years of clinical experience in the adult mental health services, including the primary care within the National Health Service (NHS) of the United Kingdom, and the private sector. I provide online therapy and face to face psychotherapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) within the long-term and short-term capacity. In addition, therapy could be provided in the following languages: English, Azerbaijani and Farsi.
As a Chartered Psychologist and accredited Cognitive Behavior Therapist, I have experience working with adults and adolescences. As an accredited member of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), I do adhere to good practice ethical guidelines in my clinical practice, which covers providing unbiased, safe and respectful space for clients.
I'm specialised in the below treatment modalities and protocols:
Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Specialised in Long Term Condition, people with chronic pain.
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy
Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
I have achieved my PhD in the field of Health Psychology. My research was focused on exploring factors that could contribute to having a better quality of life for people with neurological chronic conditions, specifically, epilepsy. My clinical experience has also been focused on supporting people suffering from depression, anxiety in the context of long-term chronic conditions.
I have a broad experience in providing specialist initial diagnostic assessment and psychological formulation, based on theoretical approaches. The assessment will be gathered collaboratively to the clientâ€™s specific difficulties in line with The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines. As part of my career, I have been taking scientist therapist approach, I have been publishing a couple of journal articles which keeps me updated to follow the latest research to consistently update my practice.
Areas of interest
Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Anxiety Disorders such as OCD, General Anxiety Disorder, Health Anxiety
Social Phobia, Panic & Agoraphobia, Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Eating problems such as binge eating and bulimia
Self-harm, Addictions and other compulsive behaviours
General life Stress and difficulty in personal professional development and self-esteem
Stress & Resilience
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
Current NHS consultant posts held
Currently I'm working Solent NHS Trust in Portsmouth IAPT service
My research interest is around long term condiiton, epilepsy.
I'm keen on developing my practice to be specialsed in truama focused therapy
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Persian (Farsi) - Native or bilingual
1) Ghaemian, A. Ghomi, M,. Wrightman,. M& Ellis-Nee,. C (2020) Therapy discontinuation in a primary care psychological service: why patients drop out
2) Ghomi,. M, Wrightman,. M, Ghaemian ,. A, Richardson.,T & Grey., N (2020) A Service Evaluation to Development and validation of the â€˜Readiness for Therapy Questionnaire (RTQ) In a Primary-care Psychological Service
3) Ghaemian Oskouei, A., and Dibb, B. (Under review). Quality of Life in People with Epilepsy: a UK and Iranian study. Epilepsy and Behavior.
4) Aisan Ghaemian Oskouei, Salman Abdi (2013). Correlates of Disciplinary Function in Secondary School Students: A Case-Control Study. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 84, 9 July 2013, Pages 682-685
5) Aisan Ghaemian Oskouei, Salman Abdi (2013). Symptoms of Cluster B Personality Disorders in Iranian Females Wearing Thick Makeup: A Case-Control Study. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 84, 9 July 2013, Pages 686-690
6) Salman Abdi, Shahin Taban, Aisun Ghaemian (2012).Cognitive emotion regulation questionnaire: Validity and reliability of Persian translation of CERQ-36 item. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 32, Pages 2-7
7) Ghaemian, A. & Gholami, J. (2010). Relationship between personality types and interpersonal conflict solving styles with marital adjustment among Iranian married students. Arab Journal Psychiatry.volume21, Pages70-84
Affiliations / memberships
BABCP full accredited
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (>50)