- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Head & neck oncology
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Asimakopoulos first undergraduate degree was in Molecular Cell Biology at the University of California, Berkeley, USA. He then graduated from the University of Aberdeen Medical School in 2007. He has a Master’s degree in Surgical Sciences from the University of Edinburgh and a second Master’s in Medicinal Chemistry from the University of Patras, Greece.
He completed his higher specialty training in ENT surgery in Aberdeen and Edinburgh. He then completed a one-year hands-on clinical fellowship in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology at the world-renowned Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA. During this advanced surgical fellowship training he has gained vast experience in complex ablative head and neck surgery and minimally invasive techniques of the larynx, pharynx, oral cavity and thyroid.
Mr Asimakopoulos currently holds a full time ENT consultant post at NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde. He is an active member of the West of Scotland Head and Neck Cancer Multidisciplinary Team. He is involved in postgraduate training of ENT trainees at a local and national level. He is actively involved in clinical research and participated in national and international collaborative studies published in reputable peer reviewable journals.
Areas of interest
His main clinical interest is in the diagnosis and treatment of Head and Neck malignant and benign conditions. He practices both open and minimally invasive procedures to manage conditions of the pharynx and larynx. He also manages all general ENT conditions in adult patients.
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Douglas Duncan Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery - NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Greek, Modern - Native or bilingual
- Spanish - Basic
- Degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) University of Aberdeen 2007
- Master of Science (MSc) in Surgical Sciences University of Edinburgh 2011
- Master of Science (MSc) in Medicinal Chemistry University of Patras, Greece 2007
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Molecular and Cell Biology University of California, Berkeley, USA 2001
- Clinical Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA 2020
Reference number 6157388
Details of entry to specialist register
- Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery , 2018
Affiliations / memberships
1. British Association of Otorhinolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
2. British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
3. Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
4. ENT Scotland
- Spire Shawfair Hospital, Edinbnurgh
- 16:30 - 20:00
- 0131 334 0363
Post treatment communication
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Fibre optic examination of the pharynx +/- biopsy/removal of foreign body - (5-50)
FESS: excision uncinate process and anterior ethmoid bulla, antrostomy/antral puncture, simple polypectomy and attention to turbinates (bilateral) - (1-5)
Parathyroidectomy - (1-5)
Aural toilet (including microsuction and/or suction of exteriorised mastoid cavity) including bilateral - (1-5)
Total thyroid lobectomy & isthmectomy - (1-5)
- Show All (6 )...