- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Video and telephone consultations
I have completed training as both a clinical psychologist and psychotherapist, along with completed specialist post qualification training in CAT (Cognitive Analytic Therapy) & and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing). CAT is an integrative therapy, including integrating CBT and psychoanalytic approaches. EMDR is a therapy which was developed to help people deal with the symptoms and emotional distress which are associated with traumatic or disturbing life experiences.
I have worked in the field of adult mental health for almost 30 years. I consider that my training & experience allow me to adopt and integrate different approaches in a way that may best suit the needs of each individual. Furthermore, I recognise the therapeutic relationship as an essential element of therapy, creating a safe space where therapist and client can work collaboratively and with compassion to gain an understanding of matters and work to achieve change.
I am happy to offer a free 20 minute phone consultation as an opportunity to discuss what you are hoping to gain from therapy and whether my approach may be helpful to you.
- M. Phil (Clin. Psychology) University of Edinburgh 1992
- Group Analytic Psychotherapist Inst.of Group Analysis (IGA) 2013
- EMDR EMDR Works 2016
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy Assoc. Cognitive Analytic Therapy (ACAT) 1998
Affiliations / memberships
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (>50)
Psychology session - remote - (5-50)