- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a Consultant Respiratory Physician at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust. I am accredited in both Respiratory and General Medicine. I independently established the Interstitial Lung Disease service for the trust and I am currently the lead for TB services at Huddersfield.
I qualified from the University of Leeds with subsequent post graduate training completed in West Yorkshire. I am dual trained as both a Physician (awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians) and in the field of Medical Law (awarded a Masters in Medical Law and Ethics 2017).
I specialise in interstitial lung disease, pulmonary fibrosis, tuberculosis (TB), COVID-19, COPD/Emphysema, asthma, lung cancer, respiratory infection and chronic cough.
Areas of interest
Adults 18 and over: COPD: Emphysema: Interstitial Lung disease: Pulmonary Fibrosis: Asthma: Cough: Lung cancer: Sleep disordered breathing: Covid
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Physician in Respiratory and General Medicine.
COVID - currently leading the HEAL COVID trial at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust in addition to being a co investigatior for the RECOVERY trial.
Pulmonary Fibrosis - Leading TIPAL study at CHFT.
I enjoy spending time with my family, travelling and also interior design.
FRCP - fellow at the Roycal College of Physicians UK
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Bengali - Fluent
1. Walker J et al. 2020 The role of cpap as a potential bridge to invasive ventilation and as a ceiling of care for patients hospitalised with COVID 19 an observational study. PLOS ONE Dec 2020 pp1-15.
1. Biswas, A., Markey, P. and Jacob, B. 2016. Six Minute Walk Test Distance: Is It A
Good Predictor Of Mortality?. In C66.'WALK THIS WAY'-UPDATE ON EXERCISE
TESTS AND PULMONARY REHABILITATION (pp. A5724-A5724). American
2. Kennedy, M.P.T., Quinn, J.A., Biswas, A.R., Rothwell, A.E.J., Scally, A., Cheyne, L.
and Canister, M.E.J., 2016, January. Factors affecting sensitising EGFR mutation
rate and cell type in stage IIIB/IV lung cancer. In LUNG CANCER (Vol. 91, pp. S22-
3. Aslam R, Biswas A, Blaxill PP74 Follow-up Of Lung Cancer Patients Post Surgery
4. Biswas, A. and Meghjee, S.P., 2015. Haematuria and loin pain, could this be
tuberculosis?. BMJ case reports, 2015, p.bcr2014205810.
5. Patel, P., Biswas, A. and Varma, R., 2013. Comparison Of Predictive Models For
Community-Acquired Pneumonia: CURB-65 Versus SMART-COP. In A49.
COMMUNITY ACQUIRED PNEUMONIA AND HEALTHCARE-ASSOCIATED
PNEUMONIA: TREATMENT AND OUTCOMES (pp. A1687-A1687). American
6. Harkin, L., Biswas, A. and Meghjee, S., 2013. A follow up retrospective analysis on
the use of lidocaine during bronchoscopy in a UK district hospital. European
7. Biswas, A., 2010. Respiratory-The diagnosis and management of pneumothorax.
Geriatric Medicine (London), 40(3), p.131.
8. S. M. H. Kazmi, R. Ahmed, R. Sarkar, I. Nguyen, A. Biswas, A. de Ramon, M. Elliot,
M. Babores (Warrington, United Kingdom). A multi-centre survey of knowledge of
non invasion ventilation (NIV) use in COPD. Eur Respir J 2010; 36: Suppl. 54,
9. Biswas, A. and Thakur, A.K., 2008. An unusual presentation of atrial myxoma in an
elderly patient: a case report. Cases journal, 1(1), p.384.
10. (2011) The Dying patient: optimizing the care pathway/ care of terminally ill patients.
The Association of Physicians of India, Postgraduate Medicine
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh 2021
- SCE Respiratory Medicine British Thoracic Society 2017
- Master of Law LLM University of Edinburgh 2017
- MbChB University of Leeds 2007
Reference number 6158642
Details of entry to specialist register
- Anneka Rimi Biswas , 2018
Affiliations / memberships
Medical Defence Union
British Thoracic Society
European Thoracic Society
British Medical Association
Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh
- Spire Elland Hospital
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 01422 324000
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details