- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma focused CBT
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a highly trained and experienced Clinical Psychologist, working within the NHS and Independent sector for over fifteen years. I have extensive experience of working with individuals across the lifespan, from children and adolescents to adults, and those in later life, with a range of presenting difficulties. I provide a warm, thoughtful and compassionate approach, to develop a collaborative and supportive relationship with those I am working with. I believe a safe and secure relationship is fundamental to therapeutic growth and change.
At our first meeting, I offer an initial assessment to agree a shared understanding of the presenting difficulties, drawing from the evidence base, to inform a treatment plan and recommendations. I use a range of therapeutic approaches including: cognitive behaviour therapy, compassionate focussed therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, interpersonal psychotherapy, and narrative approaches. I am also trained in supporting parents, couples and families, as from my experience, understanding and supporting individuals within the system around them can be a fundamental part of the therapeutic work. I am also trained in EMDR.
In addition to my clinical work, I offer supervision, consultation and training to a range of professionals and teams.
Areas of interest
Anxiety (generalised anxiety disorder; health anxiety; panic disorder; procedural anxiety; separation anxiety; social anxiety); Depression; Low self-esteem; Stress; Phobias; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder; PTSD; Relationship Difficulties; Bereavement and Loss; Adjustment and Transitions; Parenting Support; Family Therapy; Physical Health; Women’s Health; Personal Injury; Children; Adults.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Gynaecological disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Physical disability
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology Universities of Coventry and Warwick 2005
- Intermediate Training in Systemic and Family Therapy Bath University 2015
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy - Practitioner Training Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust 2021
Affiliations / memberships
Chartered Clinical Psychologist with The British Psychological Society (BPS)
Practitioner Psychologist with The Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (>50)