- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Hand & Wrist
- Shoulder & Elbow
- Video and telephone consultations
I was born and raised in Canada. Attended the university of Western Ontario where I completed my first degree in Science with an honours diploma in Microbiology and Immunology. I was then offered a full academic scholarship at the University of Athens School of Medicine. I also completed a Master's Degree in Metabolic Diseases of Bone. I the completed upper limb and general trauma fellowships in the United Kingdom at the Royal Surrey General Hospital and at the Royal London Hospital.
Areas of interest
I am an upper limb consultant in Trauma and orthopaedics. My specialty interest includes hand and wrist arthritis, tendon pathologies, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, base if thumb arthritis, ganglions, giant cell tumors of tendon sheaths, ulnar nerve compression, distal bicep tendon tears, scapholunate ligament tears, total wrist fusion, finger joint replacement or fusion, shoulder subacromial impingement, adhesive capsulitis, rotator cuff tears and shoulder instability. I have also been trained in Wide Awake Local Anaesthetic No Tourniquet Surgery (WALANT).
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Philip Antill Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals
Scarborough General Hospital
Metabolic Diseases of Bone
Avid in sports including tennis, golf, football, hockey, cycling and running. I also play the guitar.
1. Distal re fracture with bending of implant and neurovascular compromise. Rafiq Kanji, James Nutt, Spiros Stavropoulos, Ahmed Elmorsy and Hank J Schnider. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma. On Line. 17/08/2017.
2. Smoking is a significant determinant in low serum vitamin D levels in young and middle aged healthy males. Kassi E., Stavropoulos S, et al. Hormones. 05/11/2014
3. Osteochondral humeral head fracture after a posterior shoulder subluxation. A case report. E. Fandridis, S. Stavropoulos et al. International J Shoulder Surg. 08/04/2014.
4. Rupture of Flexor Digitorum Superficialis at the musculotendinous junction due to forearm fracture. E. Fandridis, L. Dimou, S. Stavropoulos and D.L.Fernandez. Jnl Wrist Surg. 03/02/2014.
Courses offered to GPs
Have stopped due to COVID.
Reference number 7221744
Details of entry to specialist register
- Spiros Stavropoulos , 2013
Affiliations / memberships
1. British Society of Surgery for the Hand
2. British Elbow and Shoulder Society
3. British Medical Association
4. Hellenic Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons and Traumatologists
5. Society of the Hellenic Hand and Microsurgeons
6. Hellenic Society for Bone Metabolism
- Haxby RoadYORKYO31 8TA
- 08:00 - 20:00
- 01904 715111
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
075 006 18919
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Injection(s) +/- aspiration, into joint, cyst, bursa - unilateral - (5-50)
Dupuytren's dermofasciectomy and graft, or for recurrent disease - single digit - (1-5)
Total excision of trapezium and ligament reconstruction - (1-5)
Dupuytren's fasciectomy single digit with proximal interphalangeal joint - (1-5)