- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Vivek Srivastava is a consultant cardiac surgeon, primarily based at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford. His wide-ranging practice includes coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) and aortic valve replacement (AVR) but his sub-specialist interest is mitral valve surgery especially mitral valve repair and other valve surgery (tricuspid valve repair, multivalve surgery). He specialises in minimally invasive (key-hole) mitral valve surgery and has been instrumental in setting this up at John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.
He has extensive experience, with initial education and training in India and subsequently in the UK, earning FRCSEd in Cardiothoracic Surgery. To gain further experience in his chosen sub-specialty, he then trained at the renowned Cleveland Clinic in the USA where he learnt in-depth about mitral valve surgery and was also awarded a Fellowship in 'Minimally invasive and robotic cardiac surgery'.
Apart from being whole-heartedly focused on patients’ best interests, Mr Srivastava takes a keen interest in surgical training and education. He has also completed an MBA at Oxford Brookes University to further his general management skills.
Mr. Srivastava also supports other professional activities through his membership of the Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery GB&I. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and member of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
Areas of interest
Adult cardiac surgery; Coronary artery surgery; Valve surgery including aortic valve replacement. Mitral valve repair and replacement, tricuspid valve surgery and multi valve surgery.
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Richard Stradling Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiac Surgeon
John Radcliffe Hospital
Oxford University Hospitals NHS FT
Headley Way, Headington
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Conversational
- Gujarati - Basic
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Basic
Courses offered to GPs
Coronary artery surgery
Aortic valve surgery
Aortic valve intervention
Mitral valve surgery
Mitral valve repair
Tricuspid valve surgery
- MRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2004
- M.Ch. (CVTS) Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai, India 2007
- FRCSEd (CTh) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2013
- MBA Oxford Brookes University 2022
- PGCCMedEd University of Dundee 2018
- MBBS Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, India 1999
- Fellowship in Minimally Invasive and Robotic cardiac surgery Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA 2017
Reference number 7003366
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member, Non-Technical Skills for Surgeons (NOTSS) International Courses Group Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2022
- Member and webinar lead, Surgical Specialty Board for Cardiothoracic Surgery Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2022
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiothoracic Surgery , 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Society for Cardiothoracic Surgeons GB&I
Indian Association of Cardiovascular-Thoracic Surgeons
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.