- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Maternal and foetal medicine
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare
- Video and telephone consultations
Ms. Ferha Saeed is working as a Consultant Fetal Medicine, Obstetrician, & Gynaecologist at Barts Health NHS Trust. She is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Barts & London School of Medicine & Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London.
She has more than 20 years of experience in Obstetrics & Gynaecology. Having worked at hospitals in Oxford, South East England, and London deaneries including the Centre for Fetal Care, Queen Charlotte & Chelsea hospital, Imperial NHS Trust, she has learned from the best in fetal scanning and management of complicated pregnancies. She was honoured with St Thomasâ€™ Foundation Visiting Fellow Award and Ethicon award by Royal College of Obstetrician & Gynaecologists. She has published research on Fetal Skeletal Dysplasia and transverse limb defects. She has expertise in Preconception counselling, screening of prematurity, fetal medicine scanning, early pregnancy, and Gynaecology scanning. She has a special interest in areas of womenâ€™s health and wellness including, Tocophobia (Birth trauma), counselling, menstrual disorders, menopausal health, sexual health, minimal access surgery, and aesthetic Gynaecology.
Her passion for education enables her to make a great contribution to specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. She remained a clinical tutor for the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists at Barts Health, responsible for the training and mentoring of junior doctors. She is actively involved in local, regional, as well as international teaching and training programs and has developed many training projects for trainee doctors, midwives, and other health care professionals. She is the course director for the FOCUS MRCOG Part 3 course in the UK. She is currently the membership secretary for British Society of biopsychosocial Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
She prides herself on providing compassionate, effective, and efficient care. Patientsâ€™ satisfaction and experience are essential elements of her practice. She thrives to provide an evidence-based approach to her patients which she has refined through her educational presentations, as well as her national and international lectures.
Areas of interest
Women wellness health check
Menopausal health & hormone replacement therapy
Psychosexual & Birth Trauma Counselling
Contraception and IUCD coil insertion
Hysteroscopy | Laparoscopy Ovarian Cystectomy
Management of Vulval / Vaginal Pain & Atrophy
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Barts Health London
Ethicon Travel Award
Overseas Fellow Award , St Thomas's Foundation
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
- Sindhi - Basic
1. Universal screening for SARS-CoV-2 in pregnant women at term admitted to an East London maternity unit European Journal of Obstet & Gynecol & Reprod Biology 252 (2020) 444â€“446
2. Mental health amongst obstetrics and gynaecology doctors during the COVID-19 pandemic: Results of a UK-wide study Ferha Saeed European Journal of Obstet & Gynecol & Reprod Biology 253 (2020) 90â€“94
3. Role of Anxiety in Simulation-Based Dexterity and Overall Performance: Does It Really Matter? Vol 32 2019 Journal of investigative surgery
4. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2014 Dec 29:1-2. Pubic symphysis diastasis after an uncomplicated vaginal delivery: A case report. Saeed F, Trathen K, Want A, Kucheria R, Kalla S.
5. Fetal transverse limb defects: case series and literature review. Saeed F, Paramasivam G, Wiechec M, Kumar S.J Clin Ultrasound. 2011 Oct;39(8):454-7.
6. Accuracy of prenatal diagnosis and prediction of lethality for fetal skeletal dysplasias. Yeh P, Saeed F, Paramasivam G, Wyatt-Ashmead J, Kumar S. Prenat Diagn. 2011 May;31(5):515-
7. Anthropometric measurements as a risk for hypertensive disorders in pregnancy: a hospital based study in South Asian population. Saeed F, Jawad A, Azmat A, Azam I, Kagazwala S. J Pak Med Assoc. 2011 Jan;61(1):58-63.
8. Sonographic fetal biometry charts for a Pakistani cohort.Akhtar W, Ali A, Arain MA, Saeed F, Siddiqui S, Memon A.East Mediterr Health J. 2011 Dec;17(12):969-75
9. Radiofrequency ablation for selective reduction in complex monochorionic pregnancies BJOG 2010 117; 1294-1298 September.
10. Birth weight estimation--a sonographic model for Pakistani population.Akhtar W, Ali A, Aslam M, Saeed F, Salman, Ahmad N.J Pak Med Assoc. 2010 Jul;60(7):517-20
11. Trop Doct. 2010 Jan; 40(1):18-21. 2009 Dec 11.Peripartum hysterectomy: a ten-year experience at a tertiary care hospital in a developing country. Saeed F, Khalid R, Khan A, Masheer S, Rizvi JH.J Pak Med Assoc. 2007 Oct;57(10):495-8.Factors influencing medical student participation in an obstetrics and gynaecology clinic. Saeed F, Kassi M, Ayub S, Rehman R, Kasi PM, Rizvi JH.
12. Two chapters in Book; â€œResearch What Where & Howâ€2009. (Author house USA)
13. Refusing male medics. Kasi PM, Rehman R, Saeed F. student BMJ 2007;15:169-212 May 15:169-212.
- MBBS University of Karachi 1993
- FRCOG Royal College of Obstetrician & Gynaecologist 2017
- Postgraduate Certification in Ultrasound O&G Kings College London 2018
- MRCOG Royal College of obstetrician & Gynaecologist 2004
Reference number 7022056
Affiliations / memberships
International Society for Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
British Maternal & Fetal Medicine Society
British Menopause Society
British Society of Biopsychosocial Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: FM2019
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Excision of lesion of vagina (e.g. warts and cysts) - (1-5)
Follow-up out-patient consultation - remote - (1-5)