- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a consultant psychiatrist with experience of working in Adult Psychiatry for over 20 years, and at a consultant level since 2013. I held management position in the NHS during that period.
My psychiatric experience and knowledge is from working in the NHS, in a wide range of community settings and on the inpatient unit.
I will provide a thorough psychiatric assessment and discuss treatment options including medication, psychological interventions and any necessary physical treatments with you and your GP.
I currently work at the Priory hospital in Bristol as an inpatient consultant.
Areas of interest
I do not undertake ASD or ADHD assessments through BUPA.
Mood disorders- Depression and Bipolar affective disorders.
Anxiety disorders - anxiety disorders and PTSD.
Psychosis- Schizophreniform disorders.
Personality disorder- Diagnosis and advice only.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Psychiatrist at The Priory hospital Bristol.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Malayalam - Native or bilingual
- MRCPsych The Royal College of Psychiatrist, London 2006
- LLM (Medical Law & Legal aspects of medical practice) Cardiff Law School, Cardiff university, Cardiff 2011
- MBBS Calicut University, Kerala, India 1997
Reference number 5198354
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Approved Clinician under The MHA 1983 -renewed every 5 years. MHA approvals service England -Winterhead 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC- General Psychiatry specialist register , 2016
Affiliations / memberships
- Bristol Priory Hsopital
- 10:00 - 13:00
- 0117 337 3314
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0117 952 5255/your GP
NHS 111/emergency services
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Follow-up out-patient consultation - remote - (1-5)