- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
I am an experienced Child and Young People's Counsellor and Integrative Psychotherapist with Adults practising in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. I practise integrative therapy which means I am trained in working with several approaches. I draw on Psychodynamic, Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Brief Solution Focused Therapy and Existential Therapy. When appropriate I also include Art Therapy and Play Therapy. Working integratively enables me to offer the type of therapy, or combination of therapies that is most appropriate for the particular needs of each client. I have been perfecting, applying and adapting my integrative approach over the past 20 years in order to keep delivering the best possible care.
My experience has been gained over many years in various settings such as NHS (CAMHS, Adult Primary Mental Health Service), Local Authority, EAP providers, charities, counselling agencies and my private practice.
I work with children from the age of 5, young people and adults. I have over 10 years of experience as a psychotherapist, working for Hertfordshire County Council in Children's Services, in various settings including educational establishments, community spaces such as libraries and children's centres. I have been working alongside social services, providing therapy for foster carers.
My experience also includes responding to mental health crisis for individuals or teams in public or private organisations.
• Masters Degree in Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling
• University Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
• Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling
• Certificate in Solution Focused Brief Therapy
• Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• Specialised training in Children and Adolescents Therapy
• Specialised training in drugs and alcohol addictions
• Certificate in Couples Counselling
• Certificate in Groupwork training
I have further training in art therapy and play therapy.
I offer the option to see clients face to face or online via Zoom.
Areas of interest
- Master Degree in Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling University of Hertfordshire 2011
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- BACP Accredited Therapist BACP 2020
Affiliations / memberships
EAP (Optima Health)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychotherapy session - (>50)
Counselling session - (1-5)