- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
Hi there. I'm a psychotherapist specialising in CBT and EMDR with 12 years of NHS and private practice experience.
We all have times in our lives when we become stuck and may experience problems like anxiety and depression, and I work alongside people to help them understand and resolve their difficulties so that they can move forward into a more positive future.
Areas of interest
Insomnia; perinatal anxiety and depression; social phobia; generalised anxiety; panic disorder; health anxiety; OCD; low self-esteem; depression; ages 18+; EMDR; CBT
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Postnatal anxiety & depression
Current NHS consultant posts held
I currently am employed part-time by Newcastle University as a CBT Therapist and supervisor within the School of Psychology.
88% recovery rate, based on IAPT Minimum Data Set (last updated June 2022).
95% patient satisfaction rating.
- BA Combined Hons Newcastle University 2010
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Newcastle University 2017
- Postgraduate Certificate in Low Intensity Psychological Interventions Newcastle University 2012
- EMDR Parts 1-4 EMDR Works 2019
Affiliations / memberships
Full BABCP Accreditation
Member of EMDR Association