- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
I offer effective psychological treatment for stress, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, the impact of historical abuse and many other conditions that affect us in our lives.
I can help because I understand, and have the skills to match my approach to your needs.
I am professional, caring, compassionate, knowledgeable and will work with you to achieve your goals.
I offer both time limited and longer term therapy, that is focused upon enabling you to:
1) Develop a clear understanding of why you think, feel and behave in certain ways
2) Identify your goals
3) Achieve transformation using psychological therapy
Areas of interest
stress; anxiety; depression; low self-esteem, impact of historical abuse, PTSD, trauma, longstanding relational difficulties
Dr Tracey Swaffer has trained in, and is able to offer therapeutic work using the following psychological interventions & frameworks:
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
I work with people from the age of 18 upwards.
- BSc Psychology (Hons) The University of Birmingham 1991
- PhD in Applied Psychology The University of Birmingham 1997
- Statement of Equivalance in Clinical Psychology BPS 2005
- CAT Skills Certificate ACAT 2013
- EMDR Parts 1 - 3 EMDR Workshops 2008
Affiliations / memberships
BABCP - Since 2011
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (5-50)