- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Contingency Management
- Trauma focused CBT
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
I specialise in working with children, adolescents and their families. So, if you are a young person (up to age 25), or a parent of a young person who is struggling with emotional or behavioural difficulties that are getting in the way of living life to the full, I can offer a thorough assessment of your difficulties, a collaborative conceptualisation of what is going on and a young person-focussed therapeutic intervention. I use a broad cognitive behavioural approach, including play, stories and talking both directly with the young person and/or with parents.
I am an experienced clinical psychologist with 35 years of service in the NHS in Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS). I am a chartered member of the British Psychological Society, HCPC registered Practitioner Psychologist and a member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
Areas of interest
I have an interest in working with children and young people experiencing emotional and behavioural difficulties such as anxiety; depression; OCD; PTSD and trauma; loss and grief; eating distress; low self esteem; parenting difficulties; enuresis; encopresis; bullying; behavioural difficulties; psychological impact of physical difficulties eg Chronic Fatigue
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology University of Birmingham 2000
- Postgraduate Diploma in CognitiveTherapy Oxford University 2005
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Intensive Training British Isles DBT Training 2016
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society
British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
- Enable Wellness ConsultancyKings Court17 School...
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 0121 702 0840
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (>50)