- Not Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
Lesley Rhodes is Professor of Dermatology and Photobiology, Director of the Photobiology Unit and Honorary Consultant Dermatologist at the University of Manchester and Salford Royal Hospital , Manchester. She runs a supra-regional diagnostic service in photosensitivity disorders and photodynamic therapy for skin cancer treatment.
Areas of interest
- Rachel Tang
- Photobiology Unit Salford Royal Hospital Dermatology Centre Stott Lane SALFORD M6 8HD
- 0161 206 8015
Current NHS consultant posts held
Director of the Photobiology Unit and Honorary Consultant Dermatologist, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
Prof Rhodes research programme focuses on the mechanisms of visible and ultraviolet radiation effects on the skin, including inflammation, vitamin D synthesis, photodynamic therapy, photosensitivity disorders and the development of photoprotection including dietary and hormonal measures.
Journal of Investigative Dermatology, British Journal of Dermatology, Lancet, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, New England Journal of Medicine
- BSc 1st Class Honours. Basic Medical Sciences/Physical Anthropology University College, London 1979
- MB BS Kings College London & Kings College Hospital Medical School 1982
- MD University of Liverpool 1995
Reference number 2971645
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- President (2013-15) European Society for Photobiology 2013
- Public Health Advisory Committee: Sunlight exposures: benefits & risks (2013-cont) NICE 2013
- Advisory Group on Non-Ionising Radiation (2012-cont) Public Health England 2012
- Skin Cancer Prevention Advisory Board (2010-cont) Cancer Research UK 2010
- Environmental Effects Assessment Panel United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) 2018
Affiliations / memberships
Member of British Association of Dermatologists, British Photodermatology Group, British Society of Investigative Dermatology, European Society for Dermatological Research, European Academy of Dermatovenereology, European Platform for Photodynamic Medicine, American Society for Photobiology, International Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, USA Photomedicine Society, International Photodynamic Association.