- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Schema focused therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
- Video and telephone consultations
My name is Dr Debra Hall. I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist and a BABCP accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist. I am a Clinical Director of Northern Psychological Therapies Associates.
I offer evidence-based psychological therapies for a range of issues including depression and low mood, low self-worth, self-criticism, anxiety, panic disorder, social anxiety, overthinking (worry and rumination), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), childhood and adult trauma and loss, substance misuse difficulties and work-related difficulties.
In addition to working as an independent practitioner, I have 25 years of experience working within NHS mental health services including primary care, community and inpatient service settings. I am committed to providing effective, high quality and compassionate care to all my clients.
• BPS Approved Certificate in Trauma Treatments, London
• BPS Approved Certificate in Third Wave CBT, London
• Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Manchester
• Clinical Supervision Postgraduate Certificate, Derby University
• Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Therapy (CBT), Durham University
• Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Newcastle University
• MSc in Occupational Psychology, Nottingham University
• BSc (Hons) in Psychology, University of Central Lancashire
Registrations and Professional Memberships
• Registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) as a Practitioner Psychologist.
• Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, Supervisor and Trainer with the British Association for Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies (BABCP)
• Full member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) including the Division of Clinical Psychology.
Areas of interest
I have a specialist interest in working with depression and anxiety difficulties as well as more complex issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), managing emotions and distress, and substance misuse difficulties.
I work with young people (age 13+ years) and adults (18+ years)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, we will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (>50)