- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Aug 2023: CLOSED TO NEW REFERRALS
I am a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with a broad range of experience in offering psychological interventions to adults with complex mental health difficulties in both NHS and private practice settings. I have a particular interest in trauma/ adverse experiences, its different manifestations, and impact on ways of coping and surviving in the world. Building a safe and trusting therapeutic relationship is at the centre of this work so that we can collaboratively work together on achieving your goals.
I offer independent private therapy to adults in Yorkshire with clinics in Leeds and associate practice in Huddersfield. I also work in the NHS, leading a forensic psychology service and a member of the senior leadership team developing trauma informed care for adults accessing low secure mental health services.
Areas of interest
PTSD; complex trauma; anxiety; depression; psychosis; personality difficulties; relationship issues.
Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT); Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR); Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT); mindfulness; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Pain management
- Dr Elaine McMullan
Current NHS consultant posts held
Lead Psychologist for Low Secure Services in York.
Qualitative methods including Interpretive Phenomenological Approach (IPA).
Trauma informed care.
Team formulation / case consultation.
LYPFT (2019) Inspiring Leader Trust Award
- Post Graduate Certificate in Social Science Research Methods Open University 2009
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology with Philosophy University of Leeds 2006
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology University of Leeds 2014
- EMDR Parts 1 - 3 EMDR Masterclass 2022
- Introduction to Cognitive Analytic Therapy The Association of Cognitive Analytic Therapy 2015
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy in Forensic Settings British Psychological Society 2016
- Introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy Compassionate Mind Foundation 2017
- Compassion focused staff support and supervision training Compassionate Mind Foundation 2017
- Advanced Compassion Focused Therapy Compassionate Mind Foundation 2017
- Mary Seacole Leadership Course NHS Academy 2021
Affiliations / memberships
Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council, Registration Number: PYL31155
Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society, Membership Number: 255970
Member of the Association of Clinical Psychologists (UK)
- Insight Therapy Centre
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 0113 328 0372
- Socrates Psychological Services LtdCote Royd...
- 15:30 - 19:00
- 0113 328 0372
- Spark Therapy Rooms 4 Queen Street Leeds LS1 2TW
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 0113 328 0372
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (>50)