- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at The Prince Charles Eye Unit, King Edward VII Hospital, Windsor and The Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading.
I am the Clinical Lead for the glaucoma service at Windsor.
I graduated from Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School in London and completed the South Thames surgical training programme in ophthalmology, during which time I worked as the Medical Eye Unit Registrar at St.Thomas’ Hospital, and the neuro-ophthalmology fellow at National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery at Queen Square.
I combined my clinical training with academic research at the Glaucoma Research Unit at Moorfields Eye Hospital, and The Institute of Ophthalmology, where I worked on the development of the Moorfields Motion Displacement Test (MDT), a computer-based visual field test measuring motion sensitivity.
Following my core ophthalmic training, I completed two advanced subspecialty fellowships where he gained expertise in the medical and surgical management of glaucoma, and complex cataract surgery.
I worked as an associate college tutor, and my current role includes responsibility for teaching, training and the ongoing assessment of medical, nursing and allied health professional staff within his NHS service.
I have published extensively in peer reviewed journals and presented my work at numerous national and international meetings
Areas of interest
I have specialist interest in complex cataract surgery for adult patients
I have a specialist interest in the medical, laser and surgical management of glaucoma in adult patients
I am a member of the United Kingdom and Eire Glaucoma Society and the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Susan Davies Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist and Glaucoma Surgeon, Royal Berkshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Prince Charles Eye Unit, King Edward VII Hopsital, Windsor
Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading
Royal Berkshire Bracknell Healthspace, Bracknell
Brinzolamide/Brimonidine Fixed Combination: Simplifying Glaucoma Treatment Regimens
Moosavi R, Ansari E
Ophthalmology and Therapy. 2018 Dec;7(2):397-403
Phacoemulsification in Patients Unable to Lie Flat for Cataract Surgery - Face-to-Face Positioning on the Contralateral Side of the Patient to the Operated Eye to Facilitate On-Axis Incision
Moosavi R, Pajaujis M, Dimitriou C, Eke T
J Cataract Refract Surg. 2016 Mar;42(3):495-7
Resolution of Roth spots in chronic myeloid leukaemia after treatment with imatinib.
Docherty SM, Moosavi R, Turner G, Bowles K.
Br J Haematol. 2015 Sep;170(6):744.
Letter to the editor; Screening For Fingolimod Associated Macular Oedema: Experience Vs Guidelines
Moosavi R, F Bremner F, Acheson J
Open Ophthalmol J. 2014; 8: 73–74. Published online Oct 3, 2014.
Kjellin syndrome: hereditary spastic paraplegia with pathognomonic macular appearance
Nowak V, Bremner F, Massey L, Wokke B, Moosavi R, Kara E, Holden H
Pract Neurol. 2014 Jun 12.
Retinal Artery Macroaneurysms: Clinical and Fluorescein Angiographic features in 34 Patients
Moosavi R, Fong KCS, Chopdar A
Eye. 2006 Sep;20(9):1011-20
Case Report : Regression of Choroidal Metastatic Melanoma in a Man treated only with Tamoxifen
Cohen V, Moosavi R, Hungerford JL
Arch Ophthalmol 2005; Aug;123: 1153-1154.
Microbial Keratitis in ITU staff: an occupational hazard?
Ezra DG, Goyal S, Moosavi R, Millar M, Laganowski HC, Moore AT
Anaesthesia 2004 Dec;59: 1221-1223
Treatment of chalazion with standard dermatological trephine
Moosavi R, Ezra D, Pitts J
Eyenews 2003 (Dec/Jan)Vol 10(4) P30
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.nodaudit.org.uk/public/surgeons/4478199
Cataract Surgery Outcomes (50 consecutive case, 2014)
- % of All eyes achieving Snellen vision 6/12 or better = 92% (national standard 91%)
- % of eyes with ocular co-morbidities achieving 6/12 or better = 83% (national standard 82%)
- % of eyes without co-morbidities achieving 6/12 or better = 98% (national standard 95%)
- % of All eyes achieving Snellen vision 6/6 or better = 56% (national standard 47%)
- % of eyes with ocular co-morbidities achieving 6/6 or better = 50% (national standard 32%)
- % of eyes without co-morbidities achieving 6/6 or better = 59% (national standard 52%)
- % of eyes with spherical equivalent within +/- 1 Dioptre = 92% (national standard 85%)
- Medical Degree (MBBS) Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School 1997
- BSc University College London 1995
- MRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2003
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2014
- Fellowship in Glaucoma Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital 2014
- Fellowship in Glaucoma Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS trust 2015
Reference number 4478199
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Completion of Training , 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the United Kingdom and Eire Glaucoma Society
Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
Fellow Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Member Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Medical Defence Union
General Medical Council
- BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 07873 822420
- Prince Charles Eye Unit, King Edward VII...
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 07873 822420
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.