- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Surgical lacrimal
- Video and telephone consultations
Dr Nick Koutroumanos is a London based Ophthalmic and Oculoplastic surgeon, with particular expertise in applying the latest techniques in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive eyelid, orbital and lacrimal surgery for both adults and children.
His private practice, based at The Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth in St Johnâ€™s Wood complements his work in charge of a large NHS oculoplastics practice at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
Dr Koutroumanos studied medicine at Newcastle University. Following a year as a lecturer in clinical medicine at Durham University, he took his ophthalmology residency in London at the world-leading Moorfields Eye Hospital. He then gained further experience in London, Vancouver, New York and San Francisco through three scholarship-awarded, post-residency oculoplastics fellowships and extensive training in ophthalmic plastic surgery.
A qualified senior trainer and Royal College Examiner in ophthalmic plastic surgery, cataract surgery and general ophthalmology, he runs an Oculoplastics Fellowship training programme that is highly sought-after by both UK and international candidates.
The majority of Dr Koutroumanosâ€™ private patients, who are people of all ages, are referred by other ophthalmologists and plastic surgeons. He treats them for eyelid, tear-duct and eye-socket conditions, and dry and watery-eye concerns that require expert management. His particular surgical expertise lies in reconstructive surgery for eyelids and the upper face following skin cancer and trauma, aesthetic eye rejuvenating surgery and in complex lacrimal (tear-duct) surgery.
Areas of interest
Functional and Aesthetic Eyelid Surgery
Blepharoplasty (eye bag removal)
Droopy or out/in-turning eyelids
Surgical and Non-Surgical Periocular Rejuvenation
Eyelid & Eye-socket cancer & trauma reconstruction
Dry & Watery Eye
Adult & Paediatric Endoscopic Tear-duct Surgery
Medical & surgical management of Thyroid Eye Disease
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Camilla Davies Not Fee Assured
- Dr Tanya Jones Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist & Oculoplastic, Lacrimal and Orbital Surgeon
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
Pond St, Hampstead, London NW3 2QG
The Keeler Scholarship
The HCA International Scholarship
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Greek, Modern - Native or bilingual
- FHEA Higher Education Academy 2010
- PgC Clin Ed Newcastle University School of Medical Education 2009
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2014
- MBBS Newcastle University Medical School 2006
- Oculoplastic, Lacrimal & Orbital Fellowship University of British Columbia, Canada 2018
- Oculoplastic, Lacrimal & Orbital Fellowship Royal Free Hospital, London 2017
- Oculoplastic, Lacrimal & Orbital Fellowship Moorfields Eye Hospital, London 2016
Reference number 6134945
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member of the European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons 2014
- Member of the European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 2019
- Member of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society British Oculoplastic Surgery Society 2017
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council - Specialist Register for Ophthalmology , 2017
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Ophthalmic local anaesthetic injection administered by operator - (5-50)
Curettage/cryotherapy of lesion of eyelid - (5-50)
Excision of lesion of eyelid - (5-50)
Biopsy of lesion of eyelid - (5-50)
Correction of ptosis of eyelid - complex - (1-5)
- Show All (14 )...